Chapter 69

"Good morning," Ryan greeted Quinn as he let her into the house the next morning. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, not entirely sure where he stood after last night when she'd stopped him.

"Hey," Quinn smiled back at him warmly. Ryan relaxed a little as they went into the living room. Quinn glanced at a stack of boxes sitting off to the side of the room. "Are you guys moving or something?"

"Oh, no," Ryan explained. "My dad's moving in with us, so that's his stuff. They actually went to pick up a few more things from his apartment. I think they might be shopping for other stuff too while they're at it."

"Oh. Wow. That's great," Quinn commented. "I mean about your dad moving in."

"Yeah." He smiled. He was happy to have his dad moving in. "So did you have a good night?"

"I did, thanks."

He gave her a hug. "I really missed you."

"I really missed you too." She reached up, pulling him down to her level to catch his lips in a hot kiss. Ryan responded eagerly, his hands reaching out for her hips, tugging her into him as her hand crept up his abs. Quinn tilted her head, running her tongue lightly along the seam of his lips for a moment before pulling back, leaving him breathless. She smirked a little at his dazed expression before pushing him down onto the couch, losing no time in landing on his lap and crashing their lips back together.

Ryan let out a low moan as Quinn slipped her tongue in his mouth, heat tingling all over his body as their bodies melted together, fitting against each other perfectly. His eyes fluttered shut as he grew lightheaded, giddy from having her all over him.

Suddenly Quinn froze, eyes flying open as she broke away from the kiss. Ryan's eyes opened as well, confused. "Quinn?"

She stared at him for a moment, wide-eyed, before standing up and running a hand through her disheveled hair. "Um..."

His brow furrowed. "Is something wrong?"

"What? No! No, nothing's wrong." She shut her eyes briefly. "Everything's fine. I just... I don't know, I'm not really feeling it right now."

Ryan stared at her, bewildered. Not feeling it? She'd been the one to start, and he knew she was feeling it. He stood up as well, a flash of insecurity running through him. Had he done something wrong? He tried not to let it show though. "Oh." He laughed a little nervously. "Okay. That's okay."

Quinn inhaled, catching her breath, still flushed from their activity. "Uh... how about we go out for a bit? I don't really... want to do it with you right now."

Ryan put on a smile, now very confused. "Way to kill my ego there," he joked, semi-seriously.

She put a hand up. "That came out wrong. Look, it's not you, okay," she said. That didn't sound good.

"Okay..."

She shut her eyes again in frustration. "Okay. Can we just have lunch?" she asked almost pleadingly.

"I... okay." Ryan stepped back completely, utterly bemused. Quinn spun around, heading out the door and into her car. Ryan got into the passenger seat. Quinn started the car, leaving the driveway, and Ryan glanced at her sideways. "Quinn?"

"Hmm?"

"You'd tell me if something was up, right? Like, if something happened while you were in California?" he asked hesitantly. He trusted her, but she was acting very weird. It wasn't as if he minded her not wanting to have sex, it was okay. But it felt like she was keeping something from him.

"Nothing happened," Quinn answered. "I just... I guess I'm just readjusting to Lima or something," she continued lamely.

Ryan wasn't completely convinced, but he nodded. She'd tell him if something was wrong. He just needed to wait.