Chapter 82

It was less than two weeks before Sectionals, and the Troubletones rehearsals were getting lengthier and more difficult. Nobody had actually burst into tears yet, but the difference between Coach Corcoran and Mr. Schue were now very evident. Ryan didn't mind though, it was a good thing. They needed to win this, it was his senior year after all and his last chance to win a Nationals title.

Today was a break day though. It was Sunday, and the group would be back to rehearsals again tomorrow, but today was free. Ryan had picked up the mail on his way into the house after his run. He'd flicked through it, and his attention had been caught by a rather unusual item.

Which was why he was now upstairs in his room, wide-eyed as he looked through the latest copy of the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalog. He had no clue why it had appeared in the mail, but it had caught his eye, and sure, he probably shouldn't have been as interested in it as he was, but he was a sixteen-year-old male, and the underwear was sort of getting him hot, especially when he imagined some of the pieces on a certain blonde of his acquaintance. His girlfriend didn't own anything as quite as racy as any of the things being advertised on the catalog - at least not that Ryan had seen - and he was getting more than a little turned on at the thought of her wearing -

"What are you doing?"

Ryan practically jumped off the bed, looking around wildly before focusing on Quinn, who was standing in the doorway watching him. His eyes wildly flew between his magazine and his girlfriend, completely flustered. "Quinn! I - uh -" He swallowed as the blonde came towards him, plucking the magazine out of his hands.

"A Victoria's Secret catalog?"

"Um..." Ryan ran a hand through his hair, his expression sheepish. "Okay, for the record, that is not mine."

Quinn raised an eyebrow. "So it just magically appeared here in your hands?"

"No," he defended. "It... it came in the mail."

"Uh-huh."

"It's the truth," he argued. "I brought the mail in this morning and it was in the mailbox. I don't know why; I guess the company's trying to increase sales by sending catalogs out. Christmas is right around the corner after all..." he trailed off, watching his girlfriend carefully, trying to gauge how mad she was. Meanwhile Quinn was flicking through the catalog. "What are you doing over here anyways? Did you need something?"

That was obviously the wrong thing to say. Unfortunately his blood supply was rather occupied in places other than his brain. "Well, I was going to ask if you wanted to come over," Quinn said coldly. "My mom's out for the day. But you've obviously got better things to do."

Ryan cringed. "Quinn -"

She tossed the book back, the catalog hitting him in the chest. "Enjoy your magazine."

Ryan caught the catalog, belatedly standing up. "Quinn, wait -" He wasn't fast enough though, and he saw her car leaving just as he opened the front door. "Shit."

"Problem?"

He spun around to see his dad standing behind him. He just shook his head, stalking back to the living room. James followed him though, his eyes landing on the underwear catalog that was still in Ryan's hands.

"Oh, there it is. I've been wondering if that arrived yet."

Ryan stared at him in shock. "It's yours?" He shook his head. "So this is all your fault!"

"What's my fault?" James stared at him, bewildered. "I was going to look for -"

"Oh God, stop!" Ryan practically yelped. "I don't need or want to know why you have a catalog for women's lingerie, okay? But you have just messed a lot of things up for me with this stupid magazine, okay?"