Elena of Avalor 2015-2017 (Disney Junior)

Elena of Avalor first premiered on Disney Channel. I loved the show and would always watch it when it was on but then it was moved to Disney Junior which I thought was stupid because why not Tangled the series? It didn't make sense to me that they moved Elena but not Rapunzel. Both shows I really like by the way. When it moved to Disney Junior I had a hard time keep watching it when it was on since I don't watch Disney Junior. Even though there are a few shows on Disney Junior I want to watch the majority of the shows seems to be too babyish for me and don't have any interest in it. I'm so happy that this is on Disney+ so I was able to watch it and all the episodes I missed. 

It's about Princess Elena and her ruler family who was attacked by this evil sorceress Shuriki. She imprisoned Elena into an amulet and her grandparents and sister Princess Isabel into a portrait. The evil sorceress killed Elena and Isabella's parents. They were trapped for 41 years but was finally freed thanks to the ruler wizard at the time who finally found a way to free them before he died. His grandson Mateo became the next royal wizard and was one of Elena's best friends along with Naomi. After when they were freed Elena wants to be crown Queen and believed that she can rule all by herself. She learned that she still have a lot to learn before she can do that and that she is still only 16 years old. So she had to select her grand council with her grandparents, her cousin Chancellor Esteban, and her best friend Naomi. There's a lot of singing in every episodes and meeting new creatures along the way. My favorite is the rock monster who isn't really a monster. He is just made out of rocks with some anger management issues that whenever he gets upset the volcano he lives on would erupt. Luckily Elena figured out why he was upset and helped. 

I really like how I get to learn more about the Latin culture with the holidays such as Dia De Los Muertos or Dia De Muertos depending where you are which is the Day of the Dead and Feliz Navidad. Because Elena was trap in the amulet all those years the magic went inside her and she was able to see her spirit guide Zuzu as well as other spirits on the Day of the Dead including her parents. I love the Jaquins too. I also really like that her little sister Isabel is into science and started to take a college class ones a week even though she's a kid.  I love how this shows that it's ok for girls to like science. When I finished season 2 and realized that was it I was afraid that it was cancelled or something because it seems like it was continuing. 

I looked it up and season 3 did premiered in October of this year. I haven't been in the loop of Disney since I decided to stop watching Disney Channel when Andi Mack ended but Bunk'd had a season 4. I will watch Disney Channel again when I know that Bunk'd is done. I am so happy I have Disney+ and I can't wait to see season 3 because there is still more adventures to go on. 

I learned more about the Day of the dead from a Pixar movie Coco which I will do a review for later on too since that's also on Disney+. 

This is the song from the Feliz  Navidad episode in season 1. Everyone shows Elena how they celebrate Navidad. How do you celebrate? On Christmas Eve I would open presents from my parents and give them my presents and watch Miracle on 34th street. Also on Disney+ so I could do a review on that movie too later. Then on Christmas Day I would look in my stuckings and see what I got from there and there might be a couple more things under the tree addressed from "Santa". Then go to my Grandparents house and see them, my Aunt and Uncle, and my cousins. Comment your Christmas/Navidad traditions below. 

This was when everyone came together and celebrate the holiday.

 This is from another Navidad episode. 

Feliz Navidad everyone!