Wreck it Ralph 2012 (Disney) Pride month and Men mental health awareness month

I choose to watch this for pride month because of the article talking about "LGBTQ" characters in Disney movies. The article said "A more recent example is King Candy, the chief antagonist of Disney's 2012 homage to classic video games, Wreck-It Ralph. Outfitted in bright purple, a big pink bow and a dolly for a ruff, King Candy is a Paul Lynde type, with a limp wrist and exaggerated gestures to match. If that's not overt enough, Ralph (John C. Reilly) calls the giggly monarch a "Nelly wafer" at one point in the film. That phrase refers to a common slur used at the expense of gay men." I also decided to use this as a movie for Men mental health awareness month because in the beginning of the movie we meet Ralph at a support group for bad guys and throughout the movie he struggled with being the bad guy. Wanting to win a medal so he could feel special at his own game, be treated with respect, and to live in the penthouse with the nice landers instead of living in the garbage. By the end of the movie he learn to accept his place and to risk his life to safe everyone he cares about especially, the little girl who he befriended in sugar rush Vanellope. Vanellope also have her own struggle. She wants to be a racer but because she is a glinch everyone bullies her and make her feel like a mistake. Both Ralph and Vanellope are kindred spirits and I love their friendship. In the end they both learn how to accept themselves and Vanellope crossed the finished line resetting the game and everyone remembering who she is. It turns out she is a princess and they were sorry for how they treated her. Of course because she accepted her she is she gotten out of that dress and glitch. Then declared herself president instead of princess. There is a debate about whether or not she should be consider a princess like there is a debate about Mulan and Moana. 

Here are my thoughts on that. Since in the movie Vanellope decided she doesn't want to be a princess even though that's what it says on her code to me she isn't one. Simple as that. She don't want to be a princess. She is happy the way she is. Mulan I wouldn't consider as a princess either even though Disney says she is because she was never a princess in the movie. Whether born as one or married to be one. She was just a warrior of China and that's still awesome. Moana I would consider her as a princess even though she said that she's not because like Maui said "If you have a dress and you have a side kick then you are a princess." Also her father is her island's chief so she would be a princess like how Pocahontas is. 

I love this movie and the main message overall. About accepting yourself and it's okay to be different. You don't have to be anyone else to be happy or for people to like you. Just be yourself and those who are your true friends will stick by you no matter what. It's a great movie and the funny thing is I feel that it has a pixar feel to it but it's not Pixar. It's Disney. 

Also Jane Lynch is in it so that made it even more better.