Z.O.M.B.I.E.S 2018 (Disney)

Last week was my spring break and because of the Corona Virus we will have an extended break and then starting to do online. So I thought this would be the perfect movie to watch during this outbreak. I hope everything will go back to normal soon. I'm not into zombie movies. I think zombies are stupid but there are a couple of zombie movies I do like. Only because the zombies in those movies are not brainless monsters that only eat brains and nothing come from that. I love Worm Bodies which is about a zombie falling in love with a human and becoming more human by the end of the movie. I also really like how they explain the whole brain eating thing. In that movie the zombies would eat the brains and from the brain they eat they get the memories from the person's brain they ate. It makes zombies not as dumb as other movies and TV shows about zombies. Besides I am a sucker for a good romance movie. The other Zombie movies I liked are Disney Z.O.M.B.I.E.S. Z.O.M.B.I.E.S 2 aired on Disney Channel on Valentine's Day this year. I do plan on doing a review on that when that is on Disney+ but for right now I am going to talk about the first one. 

Because its a Disney Channel original movie (DCOM) it's also a musical so there are some catchy songs in the movie. I feel like with the Z.O.M.B.I.E.S movies they are trying to redo High School Musical because the idea is pretty much the same thing except between zombies and cheerleaders. It will never be as great as the High School Musical movies but I still like these movies even though they can be cheesy. One big annoyance I have is that on the human side it's all pink and baby blue. Everyone are either blond or have black hair. They have to be perfect and that bothers me. It's kind of obnoxious. On the Zombies side it's only Purple and green but those colors I don't mind that much. It looks cool to me. The zombies looked cool while I get annoyed with the humans. There is a girl name Addison who is different from everyone else on the human side. She has to wear a blond wig to cover her "fakish" white hair. Her parents have her to cover her hair so no one will know that she's not "perfect." She wants to be a cheer leader. Her cousin Bucky is the head cheer leader and out of all the human characters I find him the most annoying. 

On the zombie side there is Zed and he wants to join the football team. He has a little sister Zoey who always wants a puppy but zombies are not allowed to have pets and they live with their dad. There is also a girl name Eliza who is a rebel and another friend who can only speak zombie. When Addison and Zed met they fall for each other but they can't be together because they are different. Sounds like Romeo and Juliet except because it's Disney there is a happy ending. Zed was able to join the football team but had to mess with his Z-bend to win games which became a problem later on when Bucky and three other cheerleaders hack into the system having all the Zombies go bad. Another thing that annoy me was that at the ice cream place on the human side there is only vanilla.  Like seriously? That's the most boring ice cream ever. 

After when the Zombies went bad at the game they took the zombies away and this was the moment when Addison took off her wig which didn't really help. Her parents was disappointed that she did that and everyone didn't like it. Only Zed and Addison's best friend were impressed. We thought this was the moment that Bucky would change but then in the next scene he still have a hatred towards zombies. At the end Addison and Zed decided to have everyone come on the stage during the cheer leading competition and cheer for acceptance. Now everyone except Zombies and they had a party in Zombie town. It's a good movie but there are some problems I see in it. I feel this is a good outbreak movie during this time since the Zombies were created in this universe because there was an outbreak in seabrookes. 

I can't wait to see the next movie I will watch. Don't forget to stay awesome and celebrate your differences.