Dumbo 1941 (Disney)

I have seen this years ago when I was little but I didn't remember it much. I heard that it's problematic because of the black crows and that the lead crow is name is Jim. Not only that but the crows were also problematic because they were being stereotypical. Now when I first heard about how one of the crows being name Jim that upset me too especially at the time the movie came out. Because of this I also heard they did't have the crows in the remake. Now I was kind o upset when hearing about this and that's why I been afraid to watch it. 

I decided since I had just watched Elephant I'll continue having an elephant day and watch the original Dumbo. I'm going to finally see the remake after I publish this review so it will be fresh in my mind and I'll be able to decide which one I think is better. With that said I didn't notice anyone of the crows being called "Jim." So I don't know if I am oblivious or if it wasn't said and people just assume that's what one of the crows call. I know it could be a good chance that I could have miss it. I don't always pay good attention and I have missed detail so I don't know. With that my favorite part of the movie was when the crows sang "When I see an Elephant fly." It's very catchy. Another thing I have heard about that was also problematic was when Dumbo and his mouse friend gotten drunk. I thought that was crazy and it kind of reminded me of Winnie the Pooh when Pooh had a bad dream of dancing elephants. Funny how I remember that. It was very sad when Dumbo was taking from his momma but I was happy when they were reunited at the end. This movie was only an hour and 3 minutes. I was like "That's a movie?" Now these days there are hour long episodes of TV shows and movies usually are an hour and a half minimum. I thought that was very interesting. 

I also thought of Dumbo like Rodulph because Rodulph was tease or being different. Like Dumbo with his big ears, Rodulph had a shiny noise. But I'm glad for both of them everyone learned to appreciate them. Now on to the 2019 Dumbo. I hope I'll like it and I'll be right back to talk about that.