The Little Mermaid 1989 (Disney) Anniversary of the Stonewall riots

This is my favorite song from The Little Mermaid. I am like that too. That's Salem for me. I want to be there and part of that world with my friends and of course I really miss a friend who haven't talked to me since February. I don't think that will ever go away until I am finally back. 

Today is the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots from 1969. I wanted to watch this movie for today since I been watching different Disney movies for the Pride month. From the same article I been using it said "The Little Mermaid's Ursula was based off Divine, which is something of a backhanded compliment to John Waters's muse. Since debuting in theaters 31 years ago, the voluptuous sea witch has become a popular gay Halloween costume. Raven from RuPaul's Drag Race donned the look four years ago." 

I love this movie and can't wait for the life action. When I first heard the actress that is going to play Ariel is a black woman to be honest I wasn't sure. I like the actress because she is one of the twins on Grownish but I wasn't sure if she would be right for the roll. It's hard to imagine her with red hair like what Ariel is suppose to have. I hope that she will have a wig or something. I do think she has a good singing voice because she and her twin sister sang in A Wrinkle in Time but I'll have to see how she is as Ariel because Ariel is suppose to have a really good singing voice. That's the whole point of the movie. I am sure I will like it regardless and I am excited that John Stamos will be in it too. I think it's great that there going to have a woman of color to be a mermaid but I don't know how I think until I see the movie for myself and see how well she can do it and if the whole movie looks good. I remember when The Princess and the Frog first came out I was excited that there was going to be a black princess because that was something new and I love all things that have to do with African Americans. I have always been attracted to people that look different from me for some reason. Last year they did a Live performance of The Little Mermaid which is also on Disney+ and I will review it later on. I thought it was good and the girl that played Moana was Ariel. Makes me wish she was Ariel instead but we will see how the life action is. For any life action remake I do get nervous on whether or not it will be just as good as the original. Often in times I am pleasantly surprised. 

It's about A mermaid who loves the land and everything about humans. She fall in love with a human and made a deal with a sea witch to make her one but lost her voice. She had to kiss the prince in 3 days or else she will belong to the sea witch. With the help of her friends she get the happily ever after she wanted.