Let it shine 2012 (Disney) African American music appreciation month

This is one of the songs from the DCOM "Let it shine". It's my favorite. It is when True reveal himself to Roxy and everyone who he is. Roxy was upset with him and felt like she was lied to. 

This was also really good. After his performance with Roxy there was a rapping battle and Cyrus finally got the courage to rap Lord of De Bling who have been a jerk to Cyrus throughout the movie. Bling is played by Brandon Mychal Smith and he was in Sonny with a Chance and So Random. Cyrus really serve him and you can tell how proud his parents were which is great because his dad was against this type of music in the beginning. 

Let it Shine is about being true to yourself and standing up for yourself. Both Cyrus and his best friend Kris sent a song into a rapping competition to Roxanne. Roxanne actually knew them since they were little so they were happy to see each other again. Because Roxy assumed that Kris was truth they went with it. Cyrus was scared of letting everyone know that he is Truth. His father is a reverend at the church and he thinks that anything that's not gospel devil's music. Cyrus works at the club as a bust boy but he secretly raps.  I love this movie and it would only be the king of rap music I would like. I do like R&B but I think that's a little different. Also Kris guest starred in a couple of episodes of Austin and Ally as Trish's boyfriend and joined Austin's band. Then tried to steal his music and make himself famous. I choose this for African American music appreciation month because the majority of the cast are African Americans and they do different types of music. Rap is a big genera in the African American community and so is gospel. It was good to watch this again.