Chapter 2: Chase and Marshall tryout.

It was already the end of the first week in school. Chase and Skye shared a room together. Marshall shared with Rocky. Zuma and Rubble shared a room too. It was posted on a bullet board for The Pup Soccer Team Tryouts.

"Are going to try out?" Chase asked his best friend Marshall.

"You bet i am and i'll do better than you!" Marshall said, somewhat excited.

"We'll see about that!" Chase told Marshall.

The paper read: Tryouts today at the soccer field at 5PM!

The pups checked time and it was 4:47! They called the other pups so they could watch them tryout. After that they raced to the soccer field.

They arrived at the field and their were lots of pups. The coach was a human.

"Okay pups! Time for drills! Today only 20 pups will make Junior Varsity and another 20 for Varsity." The coach said.

Marshall and Chase saw the other 4 pups cheering them on. Skye was planning to be a cheerleader for the Soccer Team, she's unsure about it still.

The pups did lots of hard work and then eventually it came down to the final choices.

The coach announced the Varsity Team first, which neither of the pups made.

The Coach then called out for the Varsity team, only two slots were left then...

"Marshall and then Chase, that's the Junior Varsity Team!" The coach said as they wrapped it up and the 40 pups gathered together with the coach and the coach said.

" together on 3... 1...2...3." The coach said. "TOGETHER!" The pups said as then Marshall an Chase went up to the pups.

"Good job Chase!" Skye said as she licked Chase's cheek.

Chase blushed and said. "Thanks Skye. Are you going for cheerleading?"

Skye nodded and backflipped the rest of the pups were praising Marshall but Skye was more focused on Chase.

They all then went back to campus and Chase asked Skye. "So Skye... The first school dance is next Friday... Would you like to come with me?"

Rocky heard what Chase asked, he got jealous.

"Sure Chase!" Skye said as she yelped in happiness.

"She said yes!" Chase thought to himself. "Okay then! Tomorrow we have our first Soccer game, are you coming?"

"Of course i am, what kind of question is that?" Skye said as she giggled.

There was something that caught Rocky's attention. A recycling club... Full of pups!

"You go ahead guys, i'm checking out this club!" Rocky said.

"Okay dude!" Zuma said, "Okay Rocky." Marshall added in.
Rocky went inside the club and the other pups went to where the rooms were.

The pups lived close to each other. It was more of a small apartment than a room.

Skye and Chase went in and then they went to go eat some food.
"Don't worry Skye, i'll get you some." Chase said as Skye smiled and then went to the table.

Chase got her some pup food and gave her it to her. He then went back and got his bowl and they began eating.

"Thanks Chase." Skye said.

Chase nodded and kept eating. Chase kept looking at Skye while she ate, he's had a crush on her for a while but was he ready to tell her? No it still needs some time... He sighed. What if she didn't like him back? He knew Rocky liked her. Maybe Rocky had a better chance with Skye than Chase...

"Chase is something wrong?" Slye asked.

Chase just gazed into her magenta eyes and shook his head and put his tail down.

"Something's wrong... Please tell me." Skye said, now in worry.

Chase looked away and then took his food bowl and put it in the ground, she saw his tail was down and she wondered why. Did she do something wrong?

Chase went inside their room and said to himself. "The more i look into her eyes the more i fall for her..."

He wanted to cry but he had to stay tough, he was a tough pup. Then Skye came into the room.
"Chase just tell me please..." She said.

Chase looked away and closed his eyes and laid down on his bed.

"I think it's best i don't tell you." He said as his voice cracked a bit.

Skye felt bad that she probably caused this.
"Come on please. I'll tell you one of my secrets." She said as she said next to Chase.

"No.. It's fine. I'm okay." Chase said, trying not to crack his voice again.

Skye whimpered and then left the room, with her tail down as well. She felt guilty she felt like it was her fault...

"Skye wait." Chase said before she came back in.

"Yeah?" Skye asked Chase.

He sighed said. "Okay fine i'll tell you..."

Skye went to him and he then said. "I... I... Um..."