Chapter 17: Fire!

It's Saturday, every pup's favorite day. Chase's neck still hurt, since Rubble's birthday was 2 days ago. Skye was making some pup food for Chase, even though he wanted to do it himself but she insisted.

Skye bumped into something and agreed to pick it up later. She gave Chase his pup food and helped him eat it then they smelled something burning. Skye went to go check it out and saw fire!

She yelped and shouted. "CHASE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!"

Skye went back to Chase and helped him make sure his neck wouldn't hurt. The fire spread to the door, blocking their way out!

"Oh no!" Skye said in worry.

Was this the end for them? She hoped not.

"Skye... Out the window." Chase said. "Right!"

The fire was spreading like crazy. It eventually made it's way to the window before they could.

"No! That was our only way out." Skye whimpered.

"Skye." Chase said while coughing.

"W-what?" She asked, scared.

"I love you." He said as he then went to go get the fire extinguisher by himself.

"Chase no!" Skye said in worry. Chase got it and sprayed it round Skye's area so she could be safe.

Meanwhile at the lookout...

"Lenny, i need you and your truck to fight the fires." Ryder said.

"Ready for a ruff ruff rescue!" Lenny said, copying Marshall's line.

"Carlos, i need you to clear away chaos from the crowd with your cones." Ryder told the bloodhound.

"Carlos is on the case!" He said coping Chase's line.

"Angel, i need you to check up in the air which parts are save for us to go in." Ryder said while Skye's badge came up.

"This pups gotta fly!" Angel said without flipping, because she can't. Also stealing Skye's line.

"Biscuit, i need your rig to clear anyway anything that might be on the way." Ryder said as Rubble's badge shows up.

"Biscuit on the double!" He said.

"Alright, paw patrol is on a roll!"

Back with Chase and Skye.

"This is it..." Skye said as the flames got closer to them.

Chase saw the window was still opened. The celling started falling... Chase saw an escape route! We went, also telling Skye to follow.

They went threw and then the fire was getting closer and closer. Only one pup could go threw.

"Chase no..." Skye said.

"It's ok Skye. I love you and i want you to be happy, go out with Rocky. I'm sure he'll be happy to date you."

Chase threw her out the window for her safety. A piece of the celling fell off and all she heard was a loud painful yelp...

"Chase... Why?" She said as a tear went down her left eye.

She heard the paw patrol and saw Marshall's truck spraying out water. The other 4 pups were out so she joined them, slowly walking.

"Skye! You're ok!" Rocky said in worry.

"Yeah, where's Chase?" Marshall asked.

Skye sat down and looked at her paws and back at the pups and sighed. "He died for me..."

The pups were shocked to hear Chase was dead.

"H-he did? Why?" Rubble asked.

Skye let a tear shed and replied to his question. "He said he loved me and he wants me to be happy and that i should date Rocky..."

Rocky wanted to win Skye from Chase but not this way! Rocky felt unusual.

"Wow... That's so sad." Zuma said.

"Are you pups ok?" They heard a voice say.

It was Ryder he noticed only 5 of the 6 pups.

"Where's Chase?" He asked.

"Can everyone just stop saying his name..." Skye said while her voice cracked a bit. "Tell him what happened, Marshall."

"Well Chase and Skye were caught in the fire and only one pup could have gotten out and Chase sacrificed himself for Skye. If you ask me that was true love, he really loved you Skye..." Marshall said while looking at Ryder and then Skye.

"Wait timeout, Chase is dead?!" Ryder said.

"Yeah, why would you care? If you never dumped us here he would still be alive!" Skye shouted.

Ryder frowned and then sighed. "I love you pups, Mayor Goodway made me do it. I miss you pups, these pups never do the job right just look at them!"

Lenny accidentally sprayed himself and Angel did a flip on accident in the helicopter, Carlos was sleeping, and biscuit was laying down in Rubble's rig.

"I guess." Zuma said, accepting Ryder again.

"What do you say, you 4?" Ryder asked.

"I guess i can't stay mad at you..." Skye said, not looking at Ryder.

Ryder had a sigh of relief he was accepted by his pups again. He then went to Chase and Skye's dorm to look for Chase himself, he knew since he assigned the dorms. He put on an oxygen mask and made Lenny water the place. He looked around and saw a pup! It was Chase. He was badly injured. 75% of his fur was burnt off. He had critical burns around his body and also a broken leg, three. Ryder checked Chase's pulse and he was alive, but barely.

Ryder took him to the pups, so show he was alive after all.

"H-he's alive?!" Skye said crying tears of joy.

"We need to get him to Adventure Bay hospital, you can visit him tomorrow." Ryder said as he set him inside of Marshall's medic truck.

"Tomorrow, i hope he's ok." Rocky said.

"Yeah... I hope so too." Skye said as she looked at the sky.