Chapter 3: The soccer game!

"I... Um... Miss Ryder is all..." Chase said, knowing that wasn't really the reason.

"Well i miss him too... But he'll visit us soon!" Skye says attempting to Cheer up Chase.

"You're right..." Chase said.

Chase looked at clock and saw it was 8:36. He was safe for now. He knew one day he had to tell her, but just not today. Skye must of cheeked the time too because she spoke.

"Should we go to bed?" She asked.

"Well we have a game against foggy bottom tomorrow so sure! Also we're getting our jerseys tomorrow!" Chase said in excitement. "It's just weird how they start without cheerleaders ok the first game."

"Right?! Well we should get some sleep." Skye said as she went to her pup bed.

Chase too went to his pup bed and turned off the lights.

"Goodnight, Skye..." Chase said nervously.

"Goodnight Chase." She said as she went to sleep.

Chase closed his eyes went to sleep for the game tomorrow.

Scene change (Chase's badge

It was morning. Strangely Chase thought it was a Tuesday but ended up being a Saturday. He wondered why but he forgot about at when he looked at Skye peacefully sleeping.

Chase sighed. His tail, ears, and head went down. "She's so cute... Maybe too cute for me." Gave out a small whimper and walked out of the room to go and eat breakfast.

He ate thinking about Skye and her cute little backflips and that sweet bark she does while at it. He taught about her magenta eyes and he felt chills go down his spine.

"Out of league..." Chase said as he felt a weird feeling on his chest. "No! I'm a tough pup... I can't do this."

He finished his breakfast and felt like he needed to wake up Skye. So he went into the room and lightly shook her.

"Wake up Skye!" He whispered.

Moved around a bit and then opened her eyes. Seeing that it was Chase she woke up and said.

"Oh! Good morning Chase."

Chase smiled and said." Morning Skye, i'm making you breakfast, okay?"

Skye got off of her pup bed and licked Chase's cheek again. "Thanks Chase, that's really sweet."

Chase then went on to get her the pup food and set it down on her side of the table. It was in the shape of her badge. Skye saw that Chase spent a lot of time on this and asked.

"Thanks but aren't you going to eat?"

Chase shook his head and said.

"I already ate, i'm just going to get ready." Chase said as he went into their room.

He put his jersey inside his bag, his number was 25 and said "chase" on the top of the numbers. If he could remember correctly, Marshall's number was 3. He packed up some water and a pup treat for when the game ends. He put a picture of Skye that he had that he was hiding from her and he used it for a good luck charm.

He put his bag on his back and he went to see Skye finished her breakfast.

"Why not go see the other pups?" Chase asked.

Skye did a backflip to get down and said. "Sure! Let's go!"

Scene change (Zuma's badge)

"You'll do bad." Zuma said.

"Shut up! I'd do better than you!" Marshall barked.

"Oh yeah! Well pwove it to me by having a match with me!" Zuma barked back

They were head to head now, ready to attack each other. It was then broken up by Rocky. "Stop guys!" The eco pup said.

"Get out of here Whocky!" Zuma said, growling at his friend.

The two pups then forgot about each other and that's when Chase and Skye came in the scene.

"Ready Marshall?" Chase asked

"Sure!" Marshall told his friend.

All the pups went to the soccer game, while Zuma and Marshall kept away from each other.

Scene change (Marshall's badge)

The pups arrived at the soccer field, it was a home game against Foggy Bottom. Chase's uniform was mainly red with white outlines. It went same for everypup on his team. That's when they saw Ryder and Katie waving at them.

"RYDER!" "WYDER!" The pups said as they ran up to their owner.

"Hey pups! Just came to see Marshall as Chase's game! I wish you pups good luck!" Ryder said as the whistle blew.

"Gotta go, and thanks Ryder." Chase said before him and Marshall went to the field.

"I hope Marshall gets hurt." Zuma says to himself as the other four pups sit next to each other.

Rocky sat next to Skye and got nervous. He wanted to say something but nothing came out...

Foggy Bottom's uniform was mainly blue with golden outlines. The pups then went on and played ball!

For the first 15 minutes no goals occurred but then it was Adventure Bay's ball. The pups passed it back and forth and then Chase head-bumped it and made a goal! It was 1-0 and the crowd applaud for Chase. Chase howled as he then went back to defense.

Another 7 minutes past and Foggy bottom had the ball. A pup by the name of "Henry" had the ball and kicked it to another pup and they scored. 1-1.

Chase bumped into a mean looking pup and it growled. Chase ignored it and went on to offense.

29 minutes past and Adventure bay had the ball. They shot the ball but missed. Foggy Bottom had ball now and with ease they made another goal, 2-1.

It was the final quarter now. They went along time without scoring a goal.

"Okay team we need to score two goals! We can do this!" The coach said. The whistle blew and the pups were out to play.

Adventure bay had the ball and Marshall, being as clumsy as he is. He fell on the ball but made it more powerful than a kick. It went inside the goal of the other team! It was now 2-2!

"Good job Marshall!" Chase said they high-fived.

They stole the ball and it seemed like they were on fire! Marshall assisted another a goal by giving it to Chase and he made it in! 3-2 now!

The game ended with 3-2. It was Adventure Bay's first win of the season! Marshall and Chase took a quick bath at Katie's since they were sweating, also to spend a little time with Ryder.

"Great job pups!" Ryder said as he scratched the back of Chase's ear.

Pink backfliped and said. "Katie can i have a bath too?"

Rubble came into it and said "Yeah me too! Mine needs bubbles!"

Katie got two baths started as she and Ryder chuckled.

"I'll take one too." Zuma said.

"Not me, i'll stay nice and dry here." Rocky said.

The pups were happy but Chase most of all. The dance was tonight. He was taking the pup of his dreams there. He couldn't wait!