Chapter 8: Skye and Rocky

The pups went to the school's nurse and they were treated but Skye seemed to have her confidence lowered.

"Skye is something wrong?" Rocky asked.

The two were alone since they were the ones who got the hurt the most, the other 4 were sent home already.

"Yeah, but, i just think i'm not such a tough pup i as i thought i was." Skye said as she looked at him.

Rocky just stared into her eyes until he realized what he was doing. "Yes you are, Skye. It was just a lucky hit, after all, we are the original 6!"

Skye looked at the door and said. "Well we are, but, is what they say true? Does Ryder even want us?"

"Of course he does, what kind of question is that? You saw him! He was nearly going to cry when we left him." Rocky said as he put his paw on her back.

"But what if it was-" Skye said before getting cut off

"Skye... Don't say what if's, we just have to wait and see, okay?" Rocky said.

Skye nodded and looked down at the floor.

"So skye." Rocky said as he took his paw off her back. "After this want to go to Mr. Porter's and get some lunch?"

Skye looked at Rocky's paws then at him. "Sure, Rocky..."

"Yeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!" Rocky said in his mind. He just kept his cool and said. "Okay, sounds great!"

Shortly after the nurse let them free and they went over to Mr. Porter's, only to see Ryder and the new members.

"Oh man, now what?" Rocky asked.

"I don't know... We might get into trouble." Skye said as she saw Ryder scratch the Chihuahua's ear.

"Just try not to-" Rocky said before getting cut off.

"RYDER LOOK!" The Shih Tzu said as Ryder turned around and saw Skye and Rocky.

"Pups..." Ryder said.

"RUN!" Skye said as Rocky nodded and they ran off.

"Great, now what?!" The bloodhound said.

"Carlos, you can smell them right?" Ryder asked.

"Better than Chase, that's for sure." Carlos, the bloodhound said.

"Carlos, you know i don't compare you pups to them." Ryder said as he got to his ATV.

"Yeah yeah, i know." Carlos said as he got into Chase's police truck.

"Can i go?" The Chihuahua asked.

"Sure thing, Angel." Ryder said as Angel, the Chihuahua hopped into Skye's helicopter.

"Me too!" The Shih Tzu said.

"Fine you too Lenny." Ryder said as he chuckled and Lenny went into Marshall's firetruck and they rode off.

Scene change (Rocky's badge)

"We made it." Rocky said while panting.

"Yeah." Skye said before she laid down.

They were at the pup park, taking a quick rest until they heard Skye and Marshall's Truck and Helicopter.

"Just what we need!" Skye said with sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

"God i hate those pups." Rocky said. "Hide."

They hid behind a tree and accidentally bumped into each other.

"Oops sorry." They said unison.

Then they heard a familiar voice.

"They went this way!"

"Thanks Carlos."

"Damn it they found us." Rocky said.

"AH HA!" A shih tzu said before Ryder was found behind him.

"Rocky, Skye. Where are the rest of the pups?" Ryder asked.

"Why would you care?" Skye argued.

"Yeah! Go play with your new favorite pups, OUR REPLACEMENTS!" Rocky shouted.

Rocky's shouting scared the Shih Tzu a bit, Ryder too.

"Pups, you're tak-"

"Quiet! We'll just stay at the pound when it's over then!" Rocky said.

"Yeah!" Skye said before she took off her collar that Ryder gave them.

It had their names, the color they are, and the lookout's number behind it.

"From now on we have no OWNER!" Skye shouted as Rocky nodded in agreement as he too took it off and stomped on it.

Hearing this broke Ryder. "B-but pups who to-"

"STOP TALKING! We'll be leaving now so we don't interrupt your play time." Rocky said. "Come on Skye let's go."

Skye and Rocky left and Ryder was just frozen up. Did his pups just say that? He went to go pick up the collars and held them tight as a tear shed from his left eye.

"Are you okay Ryder?" Angel asked.

Ryder stayed quiet and went to his ATV.

scene change (skye's badge)

"How about Mr. Porter's now?" Skye asked, she was in relief that they escaped Ryder.

"You bet." Rocky replied.

The two went to eat at Mr. Porter's and ate meatballs, their favorite! They talked about Rocky being in the recycling club and Skye with her cheerleading. They were having a good time. That's when Chase secretly appeared.

"S-skye and Rocky are... On a d-date?" Chase whispered as his voice cracked a bit. His tail and ears were down he seen enough already. "I wish i at least told her... Looks like my dream was correct..."

"Did you hear something?" Skye asked.

"Nope, why?" Rocky asked as he finished his meatball.

"I thought i heard someone crying..." She said as she looked at Rocky.

They were finished so Mr. Porter got their plates and went off.

"Oh well, let's go home, it's sunset." Rocky said.

"Okay." Skye said as they started walking.

Scene change (Chase's badge)

"I should have known." Chase said as he was wallowing on his pup bed.

He wiped the tears off and said. "I can't cry... I'm a t-tough pup." He said as he looked over at Skye's pup bed.

Meanwhile with Skye and Rocky.

"Thanks for everything, Rocky, i had a good time today." Skye said.

"No problem! Say i... I have to say something." Rocky said.

"Yeah?" Skye asked.

"Um..." Rocky said.

Then they both heard a loud crash coming from Skye and Chase's apartment. They dashed inside and saw a broken vase and the window open with a note.

Dear Skye,

I see you are dating Rocky? I'm not jealous or anything but i just wanted to say i'm moving away from Adventure Bay, tell the pups i died or something. Bye...

From,
Chase

"Oh no..." Skye said in worry

"What is it Skye?" Rocky asked.

"Chase ran away!"