Chapter 37: Ryder's visit

(I have Everest here but i forgot if i have her here with the group or with Jake, mind correcting me if i get it wrong? Thanks everyone! (: )
Chase's pov

I woke up refreshed, ready for another day, in my new room. It was great finally sleeping alone again, now i don't have to worry about how i sleep anymore. I put on my blue slippers and i opened up the curtains.

"What a good day to go visit the beach." I murmured.

The sun was shining brightly and the seagulls are up to their usual schemes. But what really caught my eye was the stunning sight of soccer. It seems to me Marshall was practicing his moves for the next soccer game, which we play at Windy Hills.

I headed out my door and there i saw Skye barely waking herself up.

"Good morning." I said as we entered the kitchen. She smiled and returned the good morning. We both got our respective cereals and milk.

"You know, i heard Ryder might visit us today." She stated as i got Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"Oh really?" I asked. "Well i hope he does."

"Yeah, me too."

Rubble pov

I exited my room and noticed the dorm was strangely quiet. I checked the inside of Marshall's room and he wasn't there.

"Well his bed is still messy." I said as i exited the room.

I looked out the window and i saw Marshall, so that's where he's been. I got my soccer gear, yeah i know i don't play soccer but i have gear. I play but if i play for a team the pressure just gets to me and i perform terribly. So i play for fun!

I put on my cleats and i ran off.

Marshall pov

I juggled the ball somewhat better than usual, which is good considering we're having our final game tomorrow. If we lose tomorrow against Windy Hills, it wouldn't really matter.

But i'm confident we will win against Windy Hills, but i'm unsure of their tactics so that worries me. But they do have a 6-3 record so they're bound to be good.

I saw Rubble running over to my direction as the wind gave a gentle breeze. I stopped the ball and i waited until Rubble arrived so i could pass it to him.

"Hey Marshall." He said as i passed the ball to him.

"How's it going?" I asked as he began to juggle the ball, he was good i wonder why he never joined the team.

He used a header on the ball then a couple more juggles and then he started doing some moves along with it. He's skilled, really skilled, more skilled than i thought he would be.

"Wow, he told me he had skills but i had no idea he had that much skills." Everest said as she and Rocky were coming here, holding paws of course.

"Yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking." I added with her greeting remark.

"Why didn't you join the team Rubble?" Rocky told the English Bulldog, while he stopped the ball.

"The crowd gets me stage fright." He replied as he passed the ball to Rocky.

Rocky let go of Everest's paw and he got the ball. Rocky chuckled as he got it, usually it would just roll past him. He tried to juggle the ball, but instead it shot up in the air.

"Uh-oh." He said with slight worry.

When it started coming down, it looked like it was going to land on the roof. But the wind suddenly blew more aggressively and changed it's route for a Zuma holding lemonade.

"Zuma, watch out!" I yelled out, hoping i yelled that in time.

"Huh?" He exclaimed as he looked up.

Before he could move, the ball hit him on the face and he dropped all the lemonade. The lemonade fell all over Everest, Rocky, and Rubble, but he left me spotless! I laughed as Zuma slowly got up.

"Yuck!" Rocky cried. "I'm wet and stick, oh man now i've felt everything."

We laughed as Rocky made his angry statement, meanwhile Skye and Chase arrived.

"I'm so... Sticky!" Everest complained as she tried to shake her fur.

"Whoa, don't spread it to me, i want to stay dry." I said, making her stop. "I know, it's ironic i don't want to get wet since i work with water."

"I do more than you." Zuma added.

"And i'm proud of it." I added with it.

"What's going on?" Chase asked as he and the others looked at me.

"Why look at me?" I asked. "Zuma dropped the lemonade..."

The pups just let it go, and we just started passing the ball to each other. Shortly after, we heard a familiar voice.

"Pups."

We looked up and i was right, Ryder's here! We cheered and howled as we ran to him. We tackled him down and he chuckled as we licked his face.

"I'm glad to see you too!" He cried, laughing.

He got off and he sat up, scratching the back of Chase's ear.

"Ryder, can we go to the beach and play volleyball!" Skye cried aloud as she flipped up in the air.

"Well, i don't see why not." He said as he stood up. "Let's go for it!"

We howled and cheered as we walked away to the beach, of course we went to Zuma and Rubble's dorm to get the items we need...
---------

Well that about wraps it up! Thanks for reading i really appreciate it and the great support over my absence, you have all encouraged me to write again and now i hope it's paid off. But please do me a favor and hit that vote button and also check out ImEsmerelda_Sowhat 's A Rocky Chase and competing for Zuma's Heart, anyways thank you so much and i'll see you next time good bye!

Question of the day: The Return- Yay or Nay?