Chapter 24: skye's choice

Hey viewers, i'm doing povs now!! I think it'll be easier, if not i'll go back to third person. So here we go, pups!
-----------

Chase pov

I got up from my bed at Katie's, i look around and see Skye. She still doesn't know if she likes me or not, i think it's about time she chooses right? Anyways i go through the doggy door and look around for Katie so i can eat some breakfast.

"Katie?" I whisper.

"Yes, Chase?" She said, spooking me a bit.

"Can i have breakfast now?" I politely ask.

"Sure thing, Chase, i'll be back." Katie said as she went to the main room.

I walk back into the room and see Skye stretching, probably just woke up. I walk up to her and ask.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good, Chase, and you?" She said as she looked at me.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked, as i chuckled.

"I noticed your pup bed was empty, silly." She said as she giggled.

We laugh, soft enough so the pups won't wake up and i thought i might ask her if she made her choice yet or not.

"So... Do you know now?" I ask her.

"I'll tell you later." She said with a wink.

Before we could speak again Katie came in through the normal door with pup food on a wagon. It was separate bowls for water and food. She set down the pup food where she normally does.

"There you go, Skye i'll bring you and the others some pup food in a bit." Katie said as she got up from kneeling down.

I was starving, i can't wait to eat some of Katie's delicious pup food! I go to the bowl and i start eating my breakfast.

"Do you... Maybe want to hang out today?" Skye asked.

I looked up at her and took my face out of my food, of course i finished whatever i had in my mouth. She patiently waited for me to finish.

"Sure, where to?" I asked her.

"Maybe go to Seal Island?" She asked me.

"I know, how about i take you somewhere you're gonna love!" I told her, as i drank some water.

Katie came in with 10 bowls, of course on the wagon, 5 for food and another 5 for water.

The noise made Zuma wake up, i'm guessing since he got up from his pup bed and stretched.

"Alright, pup food!" Zuma shouted, a bit too loud.

"Zuma!" We all whispered.

Zuma's loud remark made Rubble and Marshall wake up.

"Food?!" Rubble eagerly asked.

Katie giggled and set down all the other pup's food one-by-one. I ate then thought it was time i start eating again. The other 3 pups started eating along side me, only Rocky was still sleeping...

Rocky pov

I opened up one eye slightly and saw all the other pups eating food. I was so tired, i was up late last night with Everest. If Skye says no to me, that's ok, since Everest will probably take me.

Scene change (Chase's badge)

Chase pov

I took Skye over to the look out to ask Ryder a huge favor. I went to where Ryder was, upgrading his ATV.

"Ryder?" I asked.

"Oh, Chase, what a surprise. What can i do for you?" He asked as he looked at me.

"I have an emergency." I said.

I told Skye to stay a safe distance away so it can be a surprise.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"It's a love emergency..." I told him , kind of nervous what he would think of me.

"Wow, Chase, i never knew you loved a pup. Who is it?" He said, sounding surprised

I looked to where Skye was, she looked like she was day dreaming. I didn't even have to tell Ryder for him to know it was Skye who i liked.

"I see, well she is a great pup i can't see why you wouldn't like her. Okay i'll help, what do you need again?" He said as he knelt down for eye-level contact.

"If i can get some advice, i'm going to ask her something really important." I said, thinking what he might tell me to do.

"Just keep your calm, don't act nervous, and just be confident!" Ryder said.

I smiled, he was right. I did need to keep cool. "Alright thanks Ryder, sir, bye!"

Ryder waved and chuckled as i left. I went over to reunite with Skye.

Scene change (Skye's badge)

I took Skye near by the area where i wanted to take her. It was really close to the lookout, right under the bridge. It was a beautiful place to be too.

"Here, i have something cool to show you." I said as i went inside the small entrance.

"Ok, i'm right behind you." She said.

I went in and saw the beautiful sight. It was a cavern, that somehow had natural light, with a very small island with a tropical tree and some fruit on it. Surrounding was a clear river going around it. It was like the little island had a moat. Best of all, it was heart-shaped!

When Skye came in and saw it she was shocked.

"I saved this to show you one day, i found this when we were looking for the pirate treasure, remember." I told her as we walked up to the clear moat.

You can see the bottom of it, there was fish and a couple of plant life there as well.

"I... I don't know what to say." She said as she walked there with me.

"Also i have something i've been dying to ask you." I told her, trying to keep calm like Ryder told me.

"Go ahead." She happily said.

"Have you chosen who you want?"
I asked nervously.

She stood there and looked over at the island and swam over there. I guess she's tell me there... I swam over there with her and we arrived at the little island.

"So.. Have you?" I asked.

She nodded. "I have, Chase."

"So... Who is it." I asked her. "Rocky, huh?"'

"Nope." She said with a smile.

You didn't have to be a genius to know she chose me. We leaned in for a kiss. Was i actually about to kiss the pup of my dreams?!

When our lips touched i felt great. This was an awesome feeling, guess my nightmare along time ago wasn't right after all :)