Chapter 39: Round 1!

1. Pupsburg, 8-2
2. Adventure Bay, 7-3
3. Pupcity, 7-3
4. Windy Hills, 6-4
5. Jackson, 5-5
6. Foggy Bottom, 5-5
7. POS, 4-6
8. Charleston 3-7
----------------------
9. St. Peters, 2-8
10. Benston, 2-8
----------------------

Chase pov

We were up against POS today. I was excited and yet nervous. I have to say their stadium is quite big. "Wow, so round 1 right?" Marshall asked.

I nodded in nervousness as I gave out a tiny whimper. "Don't worry Chase you can do this. Don't let stage fright get the best of you." Skye told me. I held her paw and took a deep breath and exhaled with a bit of stress within it. "Yeah Chase, remember, do your best and forget about the rest!" Marshall added.

We pulled over the bus in front of the locker room where we would get settled in. "This is it." I said. "The tournament."

We stepped out and went into the locker rooms while the cheerleaders went to the field to get the crowd pumped up. We entered the locker room and I looked at the TV broadcast of the pregame. There was mayor Goodway was there and so was the mayor for the other city. They were having a small chat about our game.

"Come on, it's show time." A teammate said as we started getting in line to go and play soccer...

Later on the beginning of the second half...

Marshall POV

Man were getting our butts kicked somehow! It was 3-1 so we have to make 3 goals or we'll lose we also have to make them not score any more. The ref blew the whistle and off went.

I had the ball and kept a close eye on the goal. "You got this Marshall." Chase told me as I ran off with it. I was nervous that I'll choke and cost us the game. I tried forgetting all about it and kept going. I passed it to a teammate but they shortly got tackled, I shoved aside my opponent as I got the ball and kept running with it.

"I'm open!" A pup shouted. I kicked it over to him, he got a hold of it and he got the header! 3-2, POS! The crowed cheered, I looked at everyone and saw there were a lot of adventure bay fans. I waved at everyone in the crowd and we kept on playing.

The other team had the ball so it was our turn for defense. Chase tackled down the guy with the ball and our teammate got it and kicked it towards me! I didn't expect it, so it hit me on the face. I redeemed myself by running off with it anyway. As I ran I had a little bit of a blurry vision. So I had to retreat and kick it to Chase.

Chase POV

Marshall kicked it over to me and I got ahold of the ball. I ran with it, I ran and ran until I was close enough to kick it to the net. Hungry to tie the game, I kicked the ball and hit right at the area the goalie was too far away to reach! 3-3, TIE GAME!

I ran off with pride and waited for us to go back on defense. We had some minutes left, so we can't let them score anymore and we have to score one more point for us to have the lead. "Good job, Chase!" A pup said while he ran past me. I turned back and was ready for defending. But the pup that had it kicked it out of bounce! So it was ours again.

Marshall got the ball, and quickly dodged a player's attempt at tackling him. He spun around as he passed another, protecting the ball as he proceeded. He kicked it as hard as he could, with all his might! And before we knew it, the hit the net.

The crowd went wild as I backed away from the opponent's goal. I grinned as I looked at Skye cheering us on. The clock slowly went down to its last 30 seconds. The team gave up, and the referee blew the whistle, it was 4-3! We won against, POS!!! "Good job, Marshall!" I cried as I patted his back as he had a confident and happy smile.

"Thanks chase!" He replied. After that, we joined up with the team, and went right back to adventure bay. Next... We face against Pupsburg...