Chapter 4: The dance

The pups were going to the dance for their own reasons. Chase and Skye are going together. Marshall is going to show off his dance moves to the females. Rocky will stay and help clean later but mostly wants to dance with Skye. Zuma will try to mess up Marshall and get the girls himself. Rubble will just be there for the food!

Chase was at Marshall's apartment and Skye was at Katie's. They both were getting ready. Chase had on a dark blue tux with a red tie. He had tulips for Skye when they meet up at the gymnasium.

Skye had on a pink dress with a yellow flower on her right ear. She was ready and happy. Now focusing on Chase...

"I wish you luck Chase." Marshall said.

"Thanks buddy, tonight i'll try to confess my feelings for her." Chase said as they left the apartment.

They past by Zuma and he said. "Hey, Chase, dude! Marshall..."

"Hey zuma." Chase said as Marshall stayed quiet.

Scene change (Chase's badge)

The three pups arrived at the gymnasium. Chase gave Skye the flowers and blushed.

"For you, Skye..." Chase said

"Thanks so much Chase." Skye said as she accepted the flowers and licked his cheek.

Chase blushed and then said. "No problem Skye." Marshall already went in so he could go to the dance floor and the two pups went inside after Marshall.

They took a table and Chase offered a seat to Skye.

"Thanks Chase, this is really sweet of you." She said as she set down the tulips on a vase that was there.

Chase nodded and sat right next to her ...

Meanwhile with Rocky...

"Man why can't i get such a beautiful pup..." Rocky told himself.

He looked at Skye as saw she was giggling when she was talking with Chase.

"Chase, of course, the leader." He said.

He went to go get some punch and saw Zuma and Marshall having a dance off. Marshall did a tail spin and then ended up badly, like always. He crashed into Zuma and then crashed into several other pups.

Rocky chuckled and drank the punch. He then went to sit down alone. He wished he had a person to dance with... He saw Rubble eating some tacos that were in the food stand.

Meanwhile with Marshall...

Zuma and Marshall were furious with each other.

"You messed up my tux!" Zuma said in anger.

"Good! Next time don't get in my way!" Marshall said. They were ready to fight and nearly every pup had circle around them

Rocky came into the picture and tried to stop the fight but was bitten by Zuma on accident. "OWCH!" Rocky yelped in pain.

He was bitten on the neck, causing him to knock out. Zuma shook there in shock that he knocked out his best friend.

"W-whocky," Zuma said.

No answer... Rocky was lying motionless and eyes closed with a deep bite mark scar.

"See Zuma! He could be dead!" Marshall yelled.

Zuma was really mad now they began to fight and Marshall scratched Zuma's chest but Zuma bit Marshall's leg. Zuma then landed on top of Marshall and started scratching his fce non-stop.

"Stop! Please!" Marshall said in a huge amount of pain.

Zuma was then stopped when he was tackle by Chase.

"Chase what the heck, dude!" Zuma said in rage

"I called your name 10 times! You didn't stop you about to scratch him to death." Chase said firmly

"W-what? Well he deserves it." Zuma said as Chase got off him.

"Whatever. Get Marshall to the nurses office!" Chase commanded several pups.

The pups nodded and took anyway Marshall.

Zuma hated Marshall but he felt guilty that he almost killed him. He went to see they also took Rocky. That's it. He injured two pups today. He just went back home with his tail down.

Meanwhile back with Chase and Skye

"Thank god you're okay Chase, i was getting worried." Skye said, worried like she said.

"It's okay Skye, Marshall and Rocky are in the nurse's office now." Chase said as a slow dance song came on

Chase and Skye looked at each other and Chase finally said. "We can't let that accident ruin our night, right?"

Skye smiled and nodded. Chase guided her to the dance studio and then they started to go on the hind legs, but helping each other keep balance.

Skye then rested her head on Chase's shoulder. Chase blushed and though this was the perfect time to tell Skye about his feelings towards her.

"S-skye..." Chase said starting to freak out.

"Yes Chase?" She said while opening one eye.

"Nevermind." He said in relief. "No not yet." He thought to himself

"Can you at least tell me?" She asked

Chase got a hot feeling an said. "Um i was going to ask if you want to sleep in my pup bed."

Chase realized what he said as he thought. "Stupid! Why did you say that?!"

Skye closed her eyes and said. "Sure, Chase, i'd love to." She felt a funny feeling on her chest. She wasn't familiar with this feeling.

Chase gave a surprised reaction and said. "R-really?"

"Sure, i don't see why not. So of course." Skye said.

Chase gave a sigh of relief and said. "Okay Skye."

Scene change (Skye's badge)

The party was already over. Rocky and Marshall went back home and Rocky gave Zuma the cold shoulder. Rubble came home with his stomach full of the foods he ate. Skye and Chase took off the formal wear and only had their collars on.

"I'm tired." Chase said as he yawned.

"Me too..." Skye said, half awake.

They went to the room and Chase laid down on his pup bed, followed by Skye.

"Nite Skye."
"Nite Chase."

They gave out a yawn in unison and happily fell asleep