Chapter 13: Zuma's Tournament

The pups signed in for the tournament, even Rocky even though he didn't like water. It was 2:57 at the moment, luckily they had 6 slots left. They waited for 3 minutes and eventually the tournament started.

Zuma went first, he did a sorts of awesome tricks! He made a score of 48/50, which was great! It was Rocky's turn, he just what he could he didn't want to win. He did get an '0k' score. He got 31/50.

Next it was Rubble. He did a trick or two, having had lessons from Zuma in the past. He did better than he thought he would and he got a 42/50.

It was now Marshall's turn. Being the clumsy pup he is, he wiped out. But before he did he attempted and done a pretty good trick, but was only given 22/50 points due to wipeout penalty.

Now it was Chase's turn. He too had lessons from Zuma so he could possibly impress Skye back then. But they turned out to be worth it to try to do so here. He did around 5 tricks, successfully. He got 44/50!

By this time it was Skye's turn. She did a couple backflips on her turn, which really impressed the judges. She eventually got a 48/50!

"Good job pups!" Chase said as they were getting ready to choose the pups who would go to round 2.

"Thanks Chase!" They said in unison.

"I just hope i can make the next round and not mess up." Marshall said as sat down.

"I didn't even think i would get more than 10 points!" Rocky stated as the puppies laughed and then heard the intercom.

It announced the ones who won't be making it and said some pup's names and then it eventually said Marshall's name.

"Oh man!" Marshall said, feeling a bit blue. "Oh well i did my best."

"Yeah, Marshall, you did your best." Skye said.

"Totally, dude. You just had to pwatice a bit more and you could have had it!" Zuma reassured his ex-enemy.

"Thanks pups. Well get to the next round!" Marshall said as he saw the ice cream truck.

The 5 other pups went to the tournament. They eventually had their turn.

Zuma went, did some basic tricks and such not too impressive. He had a trick up his sleeve for the finals if he makes it. He winded up having a 39/50.

Rocky was next he was still scared of the water and eventually his phobia got the best if him and made him wipeout. He got 17/50.

Rubble was next. Since he loved to surf, but not nearly as much as Zuma. He wanted to show it by performing his best tricks early, got 49/50.

Now it was Chase's turn. He did one of his special moves and it was well performed and quite impressive! He ended up getting 41/50

Now it was Skye. Since it was the second round she chilled out a bit and performed another flip, but only one. She winded up getting 40/50

The third round started right away. Of course, Rocky was off. But now it was only the four pups! This was to see who will be in the finals.

Quickly doing the 3rd round-
Zuma: 44/50
Rubble: 32/50
Chase 39/50
Skye:38/50

So Chase and Zuma were going head-to-head in the finals. They finally got to meet up with their friends.

"Good luck pups!" Marshall said.

"Yeah good luck!" Rocky said, agreeing with Marshall.

"Yeah, may the best pup win!" Chase said as he held up his paw for a high-five.

"Totally, dude." Zuma said as he high-fived chase.

They now went over to their boards and went head-to-head. This one was different, you had to stay on the board and do over 50 tricks! They did as much as they could. Not one of them gave up by the time they got to 50 so it was sudden death.

"WOW THIS SO INTENSE!" A pup shouted.

The 4 other pups laughed and watched as their best friends surfed against each other.

Eventually Chase got tired, and unfortunately. Fell off his board, making Zuma the winner! They both got on to shore and the contest holders gave Zuma the surfer pro trophy.

"Way to go, Zuma and Chase!" Rocky said as they joined them.

"Yeah great job!" Skye added

The pups were excited that Zuma won, and that Chase did his best. They went to Zuma and Rocky's dorm and put the trophy in Zuma's shelf. They celebrated by spending the night at Zuma's place.