Chapter 18: visiting the hospital

Sorry i couldn't post yesterday, pups.
-------

After the accident that happened yesterday the pups were forced to move out until the dorms are repaired, including every other pup that lived there. Skye and the others didn't know where to sleep. Luckily Katie came in and told the pups they were able to sleep in the pet shop.

After a long night of guilt and sorrow, Skye finally woke up from her slumber. Skye gets up and yawns, stretching in the process. She looks around for Katie or Callie, or a note of some sort. She walks to the door and sees Katie, and Callie, with Ryder on the beach.

"She must of left a note." Skye told herself while she looked around the pet shop.

She didn't manage to find one. She went back to the pup beds and sees Rocky finally woke up.

"Morning, Skye." Rocky said while a grunted a bit while stretching.

"Good morning, Rocky. Can you help me look for a note Katie left?" Skye asked him while she looked around.

"Sure, do you have a hint where it is?" Rocky asked while he approached her.

Skye shrugged and then Rocky went to look for the pup food, which he can smell. He was about to take a bite when he saw a note.

"Oh Skye! I found i note!" He said while he looked at it.

"Really, let me see." She told him.

Rocky handed her the note and she read what Katie told them.

Dear pups,
I'm taking a morning stroll with Ryder and Callie at the beach, be back around 11!
~Katie

"Well she went on a walk at the beach with Ryder and Callie." Skye told Rocky while she handed him back the note.

"Yeah, i think they might be dating." Rocky said as he set the note back to it's spot.

"Ooh pup food!" They heard a voice say.

It was Marshall, Zuma, and Rubble.

"Hey pups." Rocky said while he went to his bowl. "Did you all sleep?"

"I slept ok." Marshall said as he took a bite of his breakfast.

"I slept great!" Rubble said while he chuckled a bit.

"Same here, dude." Zuma added.

The four looked at Skye and Marshall asked. "What about you, Skye?"

"Bad, i had a couple nightmares." Skye told the pups while she too ate.

"Of what?" Zuma asked.

Skye sighed and shook her head. "It's nothing, really."

The pups knew that the accident yesterday was really bothering her, so they didn't question what the dream was about, they probably could guess what the dream was in the first place.

"Hey pups." They heard behind them.

It was Katie, Ryder, and Callie. Ryder spoke to them and Skye hoped they would go to the hospital now, so she can say thanks to Chase.

"Hey Ryder!" The pups said.

"So you all ready to see Chase?" He asked.

They nodded while each of the 5 pups finished their breakfast and headed out. Ryder chuckled and they went walking to the vet.

Meanwhile with Chase.

Chase was in a room, he just had woken up from his small coma.

"Huh? Where am i?" He asked while he tried to get up but yelped in pain, his paw was broken.

"I... I'm alive?" Chase said.

Chase looked around and at himself, his fur was back. Somehow it grew back? He was curious as to how, since he knew the fire would burn off most of his fur. He did have a couple of scars, major and minor. Then he heard the door open.

"Oh, look who finally woke up!" The person said.

Chase ignored and then the vet got a call. After she was done talking she told Chase.

"You have some visitors!"

The vet stepped out of the room as 5 pups entered the room.

"Chase!" They all said.

As they ran up to Chase, Katie, Ryder and Callie walked in.

"H-hey pups, how long was i out?" He asked.

"Only 1 day, thank god." Skye said as the pups climbed up to Chase's bed.

"How are you feeling, Chase?" Marshall asked his best friend.

"Not good, my paw broke. I don't think i can play tomorrow's game against Pupsburg." Chase said while he looked at his broken paw.

"That's ok, the coach doesn't expect you to anyway." Marshall said while Zuma nodded to show agreement.

"It sucks our dorms burned down." Rubble added.

"O-our dorms burnt down? No! Where will we sleep?!" Chase asked as he whimpered.

Katie chuckled and said. "I got you pups covered, i have a room that all 6 of you can share!"

Chase sighed in relief. He looked at Skye, who looked like she she had something to say.

"Chase, i'd just like thank you for saving me. You're a tough pup, and if it was me who was in the fire i don't honestly think i would survive it like how you did." Skye said sounding guilty and relieved at the same time.

"It's my pleasure, Skye. Also, thanks. But you're a tough pup too, don't forget that." Chase said while he rested his head on the pillow he had.

Then the vet walked in and said. "Chase will be able to leave today, but make sure he doesn't use his broken paw too much. Try to stay off of it."

Ryder nodded and went up to his German Shepherd. "Chase, how are you feeling buddy?"

"Other than my broken paw, good and alive." Chase told Ryder.

Ryder and the pups chuckled and then Chase's stomach growled.

"Uh oh. I didn't have lunch or dinner yesterday, or breakfast today! I'm sure starving." Chase said while he chuckled a bit.

Skye smiled and no longer felt guilty. Seeing Chase smile and chuckle like nothing ever happened, that's what she likes about him, well one of the reasons. Chase always looked at the bright side of things, no matter what. Such as now, the bright side was that he was alive.

"How about me and Katie fetch yo-" Ryder said before he was interrupted by Marshall.

"Fetch! Where's the ball?" Marshall asked before he fell off the bed, due to him tripping on Zuma's paw. "Whoa whoaaa! Ouch."

"Whoa. Marshall, dude, are you ok?" Zuma asked.

"Yes, but where's the ball Ryder?" Marshall asked

Everyone laughed, along with Marshall. Then Ryder kept going.

"Marshall, there is no ball. What i was saying is, how about me and Katie go get Chase some lunch?" Ryder told Marshall and then Chase the question.

"Sure, why not." Chase said while his stomach growled once again.

"Ok, pups we'll be back." Ryder said as he stepped out of the room with Katie and Callie.

"I'm glad to see you're ok, Chase." Skye said.

"I'm glad too, and thanks Skye." Chase said while he smiled.

"Chase, when you get your paw all healed up, want to dig holes with me?" Rubble asked him.

"Sure, Rubble. I'd love to dig for some bones." Chase said while he chuckled.

Rubble and the pups laughed. They were all happy that Chase was doing good, and that his fur some how nearly grew all the way back. They had one question on their minds.

"When will the dorms be ready?"