Chapter 33: eighth game

Adventure Bay's about to play against Pupcity in their own home field. Marshall brought up the teams and standings last Chapter, so here they all are.

Team, Standing, W-L streak, games played
1. Pupsburg, 7-1, 1 W, 8
2. Pupcity, 5-2, 1 L, 7
3. Adventure Bay, 5-2, 2 W, 7
4. Windy Hills, 4-3, 3 W, 7
5. Foggy Bottom, 4-4, 1 L, 8
6. Charleston, 3-5, 1 L, 8
7. POS, 3-5, 1 W, 8
8. Jackson, 2-5, 1 W, 7
9. Benston, 2-5, 2 L, 7
10. St. Peters, 1-6, 3 L, 7

The standings took a long time, sorry i couldn't post yesterday! I wanted them to be realistic! So anways, to the next chapter!
----------------------------------

Chase pov

So we've arrived at Pupcity, the most populated in the area, Pupcity school was pretty huge. We went to their Home field and we went to the locker room to change.

"Pupcity is huge." Marshall said as we put on our jerseys.

"I was just thinking about that!" I told him as i put on my jersey.

We headed to the field as the other pups were behind us.

"And all the way from the other side of the island, Adventure Bay!" The PA announced.

We ran out and when we all took positions the red blew the whistle. Pupcity started with the ball, they went across the field and passed it to another player as it got cloudy.

The pup crossed one of my teammates and kicked the ball. The goalie stopped it and he threw it to me. I got the ball as quickly did a glance at Skye, to see if she was cheering. She was with the cheerleaders, like always, and doing the cheer. I passed it to Marshall, and he ran it now. The wet grass was feeling funny and was pretty pokey.

Marshall passed it to another pup and they kicked it and goal! 0-1, Adventure Bay!

A couple back and forth positions later Pupcity had the ball. They kicked the ball towards the net and made it 1-1, tie. We took it back across the field and i passed it to Marshall. Marshall took it and passed it to another pup. I cut threw the defenders and the pup passed it to me. I kicked the ball to the net and i scored! 1-2, Adventure Bay!

A couple more later, we had the ball again. I passed it to another pup and he passed it to Marshall. Marshall kicked it towards the net, but he hit the pole. I ran towards the ball as i felt the wind brushing against my face, making it hard to breathe, i hit the ball with my head as i jumped over some pups from Pupcity. The ball flew towards the net and the goalie was off by a nose and i made it in for another goal. It was 1-3, Adventure Bay, now.

It began to rain after we took it down once again but Pupcity has the ball now. It was raining lightly so they made the cheerleaders keep going. A pup from Pupcity had the ball and ran it. The pup kicked it to another pup and that pup kicked it to their star player. He kicked the ball to the goal and the goalie sent it back. I tried to get the ball back but he kicked it again before i could. The ball flew like a missile and it hit the net directly on our goalie's weak spot. It was 2-3, Adventure Bay.

We took it out again as the rain began to hit a little harder. I passed it to Marshall as i did a shake afterwards. I ran, following the ball, as i felt rain hit my face and body, making my fur wet. Marshall kicked it back to me as e slipped. I got the ball quickly and passed it to another player. He slipped too so another pup, who is in our team, got it instead. He kicked the ball and he missed the goal.

Pupcity had the ball now, they ran it now. Their star passed it to another pup and he ran it. Marshall tried to get it but he slipped and tripped one of Adventure Bay's players instead. Some of the pups from Pupcity laughed as they passed by. I helped Marshall and the pup up, as the others ran to the other side.