Chapter 38: tenth game

Ok guys i have something to announce! :D! So i'm doing mid-chapter "commercials" so if you want me to tell my other readers to read your book or to follow you just ask me to advertise you and i'll do it for you! Just for kicks, i'll also advertise other random stuff like Burger King, Dominos, and McDonald's... Ok so the standings so far...

1. Pupsburg, 8-2, 1 W, 10
2. Pupcity, 7-3, 1 W, 10
3. Adventure Bay, 7-2, 5 W, 9
4. Windy Hills, 6-3, 5 W, 9
5. Foggy Bottom, 5-5, 1 W, 10
6. Charleston, 3-7, 3 L, 10
7. POS, 4-6, 1 L, 10
8. Jackson, 5-5, 2 W, 10
9. Benston, 2-8, 5 L, 10
10. St. Peters, 2-8, 1 W, 10

1. Pupsburg, 8-2
2. Pupcity, 7-3
3. Adventure Bay, 7-2
4. Windy Hills, 6-3
5. Jackson, 5-5
6. Foggy Bottom, 5-5
7. POS, 4-6
8. Charleston 3-7
----------------------
9. St. Peters, 2-8
10. Benston, 2-8
----------------------

Marshall pov

The team bus passed by the opponent locker room, since we were visitors, we have less fans here. The bus stopped in front of the entrance, when we got off we entered the locker room.

"Since we all have our uniforms on already, we just have to leave our stuff here and wait until they call us up for the team role call." Chase, the team captain, told us.

No one responded, but we listened to what he had to say. So when we set things down, some practiced, some just sat there, and others went on their pup pads.

"Adventure Bay, please report to the entrance to field for team role call." The intercom announced.

I got up, put on my jersey that had the number 3. It was red and blue, the away colors of Adventure Bay. The jersey we usually use is red and white or white and red, yeah same colors but different main and outline place.

We stepped to the entrance, we didn't leave until they finished announcing Windy Hill's team. Their team colors was blue and orange, personally i like it.

"Ok pups, we don't need to win this game, but it is important we still try. Just do what you can, we made the playoffs in the highest rank in history." Chase said as he started walking around us. "Yes, wow Adventure Bay ever made it to the 3rd slot in history. That may be true, but we can make ourselves top PupCity!"

"We can top PupCity?" One said with curiosity.

"If we win, yes, you know what. Let's do our very very best tonight, so we can go for second best in the league!" Chade yelled out.

We some chatter and we started nodding our heads. I was really pumped up for this! Chase was right, we have to show our Adventure Bay pride and represent our town!

"AND NOW, PLEASE GIVE A LOUD WELCOME TO THE UPRISING ADVENTURE BAY SEAGULLS!"

Two of our cheerleaders held out a giant sheet of paper, that said the team name of course, and Chase was the first to run out.

"CHASE, TEAM CAPTAIN, NUMBER 25!"

Then they shoved me to go ahead, since i was the second team captain.

"Here go!" I mumbled as i ran ahead.

As i stepped out, i accidentally went too fast and tripped on my own paws like usual. When i landed, the home team started laughing at me.

"MARSHALL, BACK UP TEAM CAPTAIN, NUMBER 3!"

When i stood next to Chase, i heard someone in the crowd shout.

"No wonder he's the back up, he can't even walk on his own four feet!"

I gave a saddened expression and i lightly hung my head in shame while they called up the next player, luckily they stopped laughing.