Chapter 19: forth game!

Since Chase is still recovering from his accident so he can't play the game against pupsburg.
----------------------------

The pups were getting ready to go to the soccer field. Chase was on pup crutches and was only going to watch for today. Marshall was the one who put on his jersey.

"Well, good luck Marshall." Chase said while he handed him the captain bracelet

Marshall was the second team captain. He gladly accepted it and put it on, while feeling pressure now that the team will depend on him.

"Thank you, Chase. I'll do my best." Marshall told his friend.

Chase nodded in approval and the 6 pups went to the bleaches. When they got there the whistle blew.

"Well, see you pups later!" Marshall said as he ran to the field.

"Good luck, Marshall!" The 5 said.

Marshall started as the captain against pupsburg. Their uniform was white with yellow outlining. The game started and pupsburg had the ball. Marshall went on defense and chased after the pup with the ball, he tripped on his own paws.

"Whoa whoa!" He said as he landed.

After that the pup passed it to another and they made a goal. 0-1, Pupsburg. They went into offense, Marshall being the captain they made him take it in. He passed it to another pup and they were going for the goal, and they passed it back to Marshall.

Marshall kicked it but only missed.

Some time later pupsburg had the ball and the same pup who scored and then passed it to another pup and they scored! 0-2, pupsburg.

The first half was only 0-2... Marshall went up to the pups for the halftime break.

"Good job, Marshall, you're doing good." Chase told him.

"Thanks, Chase." Marshall replied.

"Yeah, i'm pretty sure we can all agree." Rocky added.

The pups agreed on it too and this pumped up Marshall.

"I gotta go now guys, see you later!" Marshall said while ran to the field and the whistle blew

The pups laughed and kept watching the game.

"Let's go, Adventure Bay!" Marshall said as he kicked the ball to another pup.

The pup ran across the soccer field and passed it to another. Marshall cut so he could be in for an open goal. The pup saw what Marshall was doing so he kept an eye on him. When Marshall was in the right spot he passed it and Marshall kicked it! 1-2, Pupsburg.

They went back on defense and the pupsburg had the ball and kicked it across the field. The pup all the way over there was wide open! The pup easily confused the goalie and made it. 1-3, pupsburg.

It was final... 1-3 was the score, pupsburg won the game. Adventure bay's record is 3-1 and Pupsburg was a perfect 5-0.

"Well i did my best at least." Marshall told his friends.

"Yeah, thanks for taking my slot Marshall." Chase said as the pups got up and out of the field.

"Yeah, dude. You did great." Zuma added.

"Yeah, couldn't have done it better." Rocky complimented

"I would have missed that goal!" Rubble added as well

"Yup, that's the reason why they made you the back up captain!" Skye said.

Marshall smiled, maybe it wasn't about winning after all. He knew he didn't win this game, but what he did have was friendship.