01

Seungkwan pulls his trolley as his mother hailed a cab. They just landed on Incheon. He puffs his cheeks and sighs. This whole moving to Seoul was never his idea, it was his mom's and he doesn't have any choice.

Apparently, the better term is 'he's going back to Seoul'. He lived his high school life in this city and decided to go back to Jeju to pursue his college in his hometown but after finishing a year of study, here he is, being dragged by his own mother back to Seoul.

"Why are you grumping over there?" his mom noticed his not so energetic son behind her.

"Mom, I told you. I don't want to go back here.." Seungkwan sticks his lower lip out.

"Why? Because of Hansol?"

Seungkwan felt his body stiffened for a moment. He avoids his mother's gaze and let his eyes focus on the pavement he's standing to.

"Until when will you try to run away from him? It's not your fault if he doesn't like you, son." his mom's tone softened. "It's time to move on and let go. I mean, there's still a bunch of people to look out for. Plus, It's always been your dream to enter the Carat University, right?"

Seungkwan sighs and nods after.

"So please, just go and pursue your dreams. Don't let anyone hinder you from reaching your goals. Hmm?"

He hugs his mom tightly and the old woman hugs him back. They both enjoyed the warmth of each other when a cab stops. Seungkwan opens the door and lets his mother get in the cab. He placed his things inside the compartment before riding in.

The whole ride was silent and Seungkwan enjoyed the view outside. It's been more than a year since the last time he stepped on the city and the scenery is just like another home for him.

After minutes of driving, they reached a cozy looking restaurant. His mom paid the fair while he takes his things out of the car's compartment. He pulls his trolly and goes inside the restaurant with his mother's lead. His mom takes a look around as if she's looking for someone and just like what Seungkwan thought, she really is. A woman on the table near the counter waved at her and his mother smiled before walking towards her. Seungkwan followed his mom who occupied the seat immediately at the table where the woman is sitting. He, too, sits facing the woman who looks like the same age as his mom.

"Oh my God, it's been how many years?" the woman exclaimed. "I'm really glad to see you again, my dear friend."

"Yeah, yeah. Me, too." His mom answered. She's smiling wide and Seungkwan thought that maybe this woman is a good friend of his mom.

"So is this the boy you're telling me?" the woman diverted his attention to Seungkwan who bowed at her politely. "Oh, how cute!" she nods and smiles naughtily before winking at Seungkwan's mom. "I can feel that my son and your son will get along well."

His mom giggled and winks back at her friend. That made Seungkwan raise an eyebrow. "I know they will."

Seungkwan's about to open his mouth to ask about the fishy conversation when someone pulled the chair in front of him and sit. Seungkwan can't help but stare at him because of the strong aura he's possessing.

"Oh, you're here!" his mom's friend excitedly greeted the newly came guy.

"Oh my- is that your son?" Seungkwan's mom covers her mouth in surprise. "You never mentioned you have a handsome one huh."

The woman playfully hit Seungkwan's mom in the arm. "Don't compliment him too much. He will likely brag about himself-"

"Mom!" the tanned, good looking guy cut off his own mother. "You're making me feel embarrassed.." he pouted and play with the utensils placed on the table.