41

"Soonyoung hyung!" Vernon calls out while running towards the older. He pants as they both stop walking. They just entered the university's vicinity.

"Hey." Soonyoung greets him.

Vernon frowns and stares carefully at Soonyoung. He looks tired and restless.

"Hey hyung, are you fine?" he asks and he gains a nod from Soonyoung. He also recalls what he wanna ask the older. "Today's Seungkwan's flight, right?" He checks his watch and reads the time. "I can skip class. Can we go?"

"I can't, Vernon. I just fetch Seungkwan's mom early this morning and I already drop them in the airport. I just want to take a nap. I'm really sleepy." Soonyoung whines but then he pats Vernon's shoulder. "You'll be in New York in a week. You will see Seungkwan so don't worry. Also, the flight already took off when I left."

Vernon nods with a sigh. "I'm just worrying since I can't catch up on him. I haven't seen for four days?"

"He skips his remaining days in class. He just can't process everything that happened so Jihoon advised him to rest before his flight." Soonyoung explains.

"Did something happened again?" Vernon asks curiously. He also sensed something terrible.

Soonyoung yawns once again. "Seungkwan saw Mingyu fucking a girl-" Soonyoung covers his mouth in an instant. His eyes widens as he comprehends what he just said. It felt like his drowsiness left him.

Vernon's surprised face turns into a glare. "What? Mingyu did what?"

Soonyoung hit his own head before composing himself and faces Vernon seriously. "Mingyu slept with Ahri. Seungkwan saw them." Soonyoung shakes his head in disappointment. "That's the day Seungkwan moved to Jihoon's apartment. If you just saw Seungkwan that time.. he really looked destroyed. I hope he'll get fine- Hey Vernon! Where are you going?!" he yells as he watches Vernon run away.

-----------

"Today is Seungkwan's flight right- Ouch!" Jun whimpers as his shoulder got hit by Wonwoo.

Wonwoo glares at him and pointed Mingyu walking ahead of them with Minghao.

Jun makes a face and rolls his eyes. "So what?" he murmurs.

Jun and Wonwoo continue to bicker not until Vernon came and blocks their way.

"Kim Mingyu. We need to talk." Vernon says firmly. His hands turn into a fist.

"Get out of my way." Mingyu responds coldly. His stares towards Vernon were blank.

"I told you. I need to talk to you."

"I won't. So leave."

"Fine. Let's talk here." Vernon didn't budge on his position.

"What do you want-"

"Why did you slept with that girl?"

Mingyu was alarmed with Vernon's question that he grips on the boy's collar out of instinct. "Stop."

The three other guys behind Mingyu was a bit lost but is somewhat surprised with what they just heard.

Wonwoo take a step forward. "Let's not talk about that here." he glances at the other students in the hallway. Vernon and Mingyu are already catching up their attentions.

Minghao and Jun came up and help Wonwoo stand between the two.

"Let's go somewhere. Not here. Also, just talk. Just. Talk." Wonwoo says at the two who's sharing death glares towards each other.

Wonwoo grabs Vernon and Mingyu on the hand and drags them out of the hallway with Minghao and Jun following. He brought them outside and proceeds to the back of the building. Wonwoo let go of their hands and take a step backwards to make space for the two.

"Now, talk- Vernon!"

Vernon hit Mingyu hard on the face and he stumbles on the ground. Not a minute after, he grabs the guy's collar and pulls him up. Mingyu's lips already had a visible cut.

"Why, huh? Why did you do that?" Vernon's grip tightens. His teeth grits in anger.

Jun and Minghao run towards them and pulls them both away from each other. Mingyu wants to fight back and it gives Jun a hard time handling him.

"It's none of your business!" Mingyu yells at Vernon while struggling on Jun's grip.

"You're a fucking psycho! Seungkwan doesn't deserve you and your shits! Dumbass!" Vernon yells back. His face is already red in anger.

"I don't deserve him neither!" Mingyu laughs. A teasing one. "You know? You should be happy now. You can have him all you want, all by yourself. I won't take him back-"

Another fist lands on Mingyu's face as Vernon frees himself from Minghao. Wonwoo immediately pushes Vernon and handles him.

"Stop! Can you guys stop?! I told you to talk. Not kill each other-"

"I'll definitely kill that retard!"

"Stop-"

"No!" Vernon's voice cracks up. Tears already fall from his eyes. "That idiot needs to listen!" he points a finger at Mingyu. "Me? I should be happy? Why? Tell me! How can I be happy when Seungkwan's suffering?" He tries his best to compose himself and to not throw another punch on Mingyu. He let his fist settle on his side and contain his anger. "Yes he kissed me. God, it felt like heaven. But how can I be happy if he keeps on calling your name?" another set of tears fall from his eyes. A laugh of pain surfaces. "He's so wasted that night, Mingyu." he laughs but it didn't sound happy. "He kept on ranting about how loud you are and how you talk all the time. He even called you idiot."

Mingyu's forehead creases. He doesn't have an idea where Vernon's words will go but his body relaxed a bit and Jun felt relieved.

"He called you an idiot and confesses how he likes you that way." Vernon wipes his own tears. "I told him that hey, I'm Hansol but he kept on chanting the name Mingu. I found it funny. Your nickname sounds dumb." he chuckles as he reminisces the night. His soft laugh turn serious once again. "He grabs my face and looked at me in the eye. I'm stupid for expecting him to call my name and he didn't. He smiled and I melt at that moment." Vernon pauses as he tries to take away the lump in his throat. The emotions are just too heavy for him. He wants to explode because guilt is eating him up.

"He called your name.. before saying I love you." Vernon bows down, trying to hide away the tears that came rushing once again. "That's the last thing he said before his lips claims mine." he lifts up his head and stares back to Mingyu, not bothering his drenched cheeks. "I love him. I do. And I drowned with his kisses. It's my fault, Mingyu. I didn't stop him. I'm the sober one and I let him. I'm stupid and I hate that he's suffering because I'm too selfish. I don't have any plan on taking Seungkwan away from you. Because he's happier with you. He doesn't deserve someone who can't stand up for him. He doesn't deserve someone who is coward. He doesn't deserve someone who'll only cause him pain. That someone is me."

Mingyu's knees felt week. His fingers went numb. His mind swirls with so many emotions and questions. He's lost.

"S-seungkwan.. I need to get to him." Mingyu blabbers and pushes Jun away to free himself.

"Stop. Mingyu you can't. He's already gone. The flight took off an hour ago." Vernon mumbles.

Mingyu stop from taking another step. His body freezes as his chest thump with abnormal heartbeats. A tear escapes the corner of his eyes.

"Seungkwan is gone."