48

"Happy Birthday Kim Mingyu!" Minghao broke into Mingyu's room with a birthday hat and party poppers. He opens the door widely and let Wonwoo get in while holding a cake. Jun who looks sleepy gets in also with a birthday hat on his head.

Mingyu who's sleeping immediately sits up to see what's the noise about and saw his friends already standing at the edge of his bed.

"What the hell..?" He scratches his head while squinting.

Wonwoo laughs at Mingyu who looks so lost. He extended his hands holding the cake and offers it to Mingyu.

"Blow the candle. Make a wish."

Mingyu remains silent for a moment and stares at his friends before comprehending what is happening.

It's his birthday. He totally forgot.

A smile forms on his lips. "Make a wish?" he stares at the candle before closing his eyes.

I wish to be happy.

He blows the candle and another party popper pops that startled him.

"Happy birthday Kim Mingyu!" Wonwoo and Minghao said in unison while Jun is sleeping, back hugging Wonwoo.

"Thank you." Mingyu smiles.

"Your mom already prepared the food downstairs so come on!" Minghao grabs Mingyu's hands and starts dragging him downstairs.

The tall guy just sighs. It will never be his birthday if Minghao and Wonwoo won't barge in his room.

----------

"Hey Seungkwan, where are you going?" Jihoon asked as he saw Seungkwan head towards the door outside.

"Just outside. Want to buy something." Seungkwan answered while rolling his eyes.

He saw Jihoon nods and goes back to his laptop. He silently heads outside until he reaches the street, it's already dawn.

Seungkwan felt so bored in Jihoon's apartment. He doesn't have anyone to talk to since Jihoon is quite busy with his projects and sidelines. Also, the fact that he's just laying on his bed all day tires him. Maybe a walk at night would at least ease his mind from all the things that stresses him.

It's been days since he heard the conversation between Mingyu, Jun and Vernon at the back of the school building. Ever since that day, he seldom saw Mingyu around, probably avoiding him. Even if there is time that they'll meet, it is because the group is hanging out together and Mingyu would just stay silent. He won't even spare a glance at Seungkwan nor initiate a talk.

And it frustrates him.

He saw the convenience store nearby and decided to buy some chips to take home and probably a cola for Jihoon.

As he walks closer, he saw a maltese tied up outside the convenience store. The cute puppy is sitting with his tongue out, looking like he's waiting for his owner.

Seungkwan walks towards the maltese and tilts his head. The dog is quite familiar to him. He crouches down to look closer at the puppy but it jumps at him while wagging its tail vigorously.

Seungkwan giggles at the sudden attention that the puppy is giving him but before he can even pet the dog, he heard the store's chimes clanks. A customer heads out. Seungkwan lifts up his head and saw a very familiar guy who look stunned seeing him.

"S-seungkwan..?"

Seungkwan stands up immediately. He felt an abrupt fast heartbeat thumping on his chest.. He doesn't know if it is out of nervousness or excitement.