49

Seungkwan slowly pushes the boutique's glass door and peeks inside. He flashes a smile as the pretty lady on the counter lifts her head and saw him, surprised with eyes wide open.

"Aunt Soomi." Seungkwan greets him and continues proceeding inside. He walks towards the counter with his smile unfading.

"Oh my, Seungkwan!" Soomi greeted Seungkwan back. "Since when did you come back?"

"Last week?" he scratches the back of his head shyly. "I'm really sorry if I didn't visit you as early as I should, just quite busy with some stuff."

"No. It's alright." Soomi giggles and stares at Seungkwan for a good whole minute. "You look prettier."

Seungkwan felt a sudden heat on his cheek but before he can speak a guy came in. To his surprise it was Mingyu.

They stare at each other but Seunglwam eventually turns back his gaze on Soomi who's grinning from ear to ear.

"H-hey mom. I just came to drop by bookkeu since I'm going out." Mingyu walks towards them and placed the dog on the counter.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm planning on going out with Wonwoo and Jun because I'm really bored inside the house."

"You're third-wheeling again." Seungkwan mumbles but Mingyu heard him clearly.

"I'm not! They invited me!" Mingyu defends himself.

"What-"

Seungkwan was a bit surprised with Mingyu's tone. Mingyu also, as he realized that he almost sounded like he's arguing.

Mingyu avoids Seungkwan's gaze and he starts to curse himself inside his head. He felt embarrassed for that moment.

Soomi can't help but to shake his head and laugh at the two teens in front of him. Both of them are visibly blushing. Their awkward situation is a funny thing to watch.

She knew what happened between them. Mingyu once breaks down into her and she can't blame any of the two since everything is just a misunderstanding. As what she can see, the problem isn't still settled between them.

She doesn't want to meddle between them but she knows that they've already suffered too much. Just then she realizes how she misses living with the two.

"Hey Kwannie, do you want to go back in the house? I don't mind having you again. Honestly, I missed you." Soomi sighs after.

Mingyu and Seungkwan remain silent, stunned with Soomi's suggestion.

"What's with that faces?"

"Mom, stop-"

"Well yeah- I mean, I can if Mingyu agrees." Seungkwan fiddles with his fingers, bowing down while hiding a smile.

Mingyu is dumbfounded. Mouth hanging open while staring at Seungkwan with disbelief.

"A-are you joking right now?"

Seungkwan frowns. "Since when did I lie to you?"

Mingyu was caught off guard. He saw how Seungkwan's bright face turn serious. What Seungkwan said hit something in him. He felt another guilt built up inside.

"I'm sorry.." Mingyu mumbles.

Seungkwan turns back his attention to Soomi and wears a smile. He pets Bookkeu and plays with him as he speaks, ignoring Mingyu beside him. "I should head back now. Jihoon hyung is probably waiting for me to come back since I promised that I will eat breakfast with him."

Soomi sighs. "Come visit me again soon. Let's have a lunch then."

Seungkwan nods before waving a hand. He turns his back but before he can take a step forward, Mingyu holds his hand.