42

"Can you believe it? Three months already passed and Seungkwan didn't even bother to contact any of us." Jeonghan rolls his eyes in frustration while he continues grilling the meat.

"It happened once again. The thing he did when Vernon rejected his confession that he vanishes without contact." Jihoon eats a mouthful of rice. "He probably wants peace. At least now, we know where he is and he's with Seokmin so I don't really have to worry. Minghao and Vernon were probably taking good care of him too."

Jeonghan sighs. "It's your fault, Mingyu." he glares at the guy across him.

They were currently in a barbecue house because Jihoon asked for a night out. He invited Mingyu over with Jun and Wonwoo. Soonyoung brought Dino with him while Jeonghan brought Seungcheol and Jisoo.

Mingyu didn't speak and remains silent. He still feels guilty over what happened months ago.

The other guys exchange glances and Jihoon felt how uncomfortable it becomes. He grabs a glass and filled it with cola before offering it to Mingyu.

"It's a misunderstanding, Jeonghan. No one wanted what happened." he explains and gave Mingyu a small smile.

"Jeonghan hyung is right. It is my fault." Mingyu sighs. "If I just listened to Seungkwan, everything will work for the both of us and probably we're still together.."

"We learned by mistakes. Regrets often stab you at the end." Wonwoo butts in. Everyone agrees.

"I tried messaging him. From all of his social media accounts and I even asked Minghao for his number but he won't reply back. I tried calling him but he doesn't pick up the damn phone." Mingyu cracks up a little bit. The whole time without talking to Seungkwan has been hard for him. He wanted to clear and fix everything but he can't reach Seungkwan. The thing that he can't do anything frustrates him even more.

"He's fine. Don't worry."

Everyone turns their attention towards Chan who just spoke. He blinks as he feels the tension when everyone's eye is on him.

"How'd you know?" Soonyoung raises his eyebrow. "You talked to him?"

"W-what? No!" He consumed the vegetable wrap in his hand and shake his head. "Of course not. How can I?"

The gang remains silent. Eyes still judging Chan at the end of the table.

He created an awkward laugh before speaking again. "I talk to Minghao hyung most of the time and he said that Seungkwan is doing fine."

After another moment of silence, the guys took his explanation and goes back to enjoying the food.

Laughter and bickering filled the once awkward table. Soonyoung keeps on having a senseless debate with Jun while flirting subtly with Jihoon. Mingyu eats up his guilt and it amazes Chan how a big eater he is. Seungcheol assures him that that is Mingyu's normal food consumption.

Everyone enjoying the dinner when Jisoo speaks up. He's scrolling through his phone.

"Hey look at this. Minghao uploaded a picture with Seungkwan." Jisoo let the others see what is on his screen.

"It looks like he's really doing fine. It's the very first time we get a glimpse of Seungkwan after him being all silent." Seungcheol says as he empties his bowl of rice.

That's the only moment Mingyu saw Seungkwan's face once again

That's the only moment Mingyu saw Seungkwan's face once again. He suddenly felt the longing. He missed Seungkwan a lot, no doubt.

"Oh here's another one. Seokmin this time." Seungcheol waves his phone and chuckles. "They probably heard us talking about Seungkwan."

Jun snatched Seungcheol's phone and stares at the photo

Jun snatched Seungcheol's phone and stares at the photo. Mingyu who's beside him take a glance too but he wished that he didn't. "Woah? Vernon and Seungkwan? Are they a thing now- Ouch!" he whines from the sudden pain caused by Wonwoo's pinch on his legs.

Wonwoo pointed Mingyu who's staring at the screen with gloom in his eyes. "You're so insensitive." Wonwoo rolls his eyes at Jun.

"But hey, Jun hyung makes sense. It looks like that there's something between them." Chan butts in.

"There's no proper closure between Seungkwan and Mingyu so I doubt that Seungkwan will open his heart again for Vernon." Jihoon explains. He doesn't like where the topic is going into.

"A lot can happen in 3 months-"

Soonyoung shut Jun's mouth with a wrap. "Eat. Wen Junhui. Just fucking eat."

"But hey.." Jeonghan interferes with a giggle, recalling something. ".. Soonyoung is Seungkwan's first kiss."

Silence.

"What?" Soonyoung asks as if he heard something ridiculous.

"Oh yeah shit. I remember." Jihoon snaps a finger. "That night when Seungkwan and Soonyoung stole the cans of beer in your fridge when he's like in 12th grade? They got wasted and that happened." Jihoon burst out laughing.

"What? Did we.. really- what the hell?!" Soonyoung exclaimed.

"And what's funny is that it happened twice." Jeonghan added. It's the other guys turn to laugh, except for Mingyu. Seeing Soonyoung look so lost can be entertaining sometimes.

"Yeah. I think Seungkwan has a habit of kissing anyone when he's too drunk." Jihoon calms himself from laughing and bottoms up his cola.

Everyone is laughing until Mingyu stands up from his seat and walks out, leaving everyone surprised.

"What happened..?" Soonyoung asks, confused.

"He probably got mad at you. You kissed Seungkwan twice, you idiot!" Seungcheol teases Soonyoung.

"Hey! It's Seungkwan's fault not mine!"

"No guys.." Wonwoo mumbles, his eyes focused on the screen of his phone. "I think he saw this.."

He sighs before placing his phone on the center of the table and let everyone see what's on the screen.

They stared down at it and silently went back to their seats.

They were all silent.

"So.. I think there's really something going on in New York huh," Jun mutters, his eyes not leaving the phone screen.

"I can't still believe it." Soonyoung comments with a frown.

"We don't know what's happening there and almost all of them seldom talk to us here. Like what Jun said, a lot can already happen in those months. In those three months." Seungcheol runs his fingers through his hair before crossing his arms.

" Seungcheol runs his fingers through his hair before crossing his arms

"I don't know. Everything is so messed up." Jihoon exhales.