38

It's already noon when Seungkwan woke up and it confuses him to recognize the familiar apartment he's still in.

He immediately gets off from the bed and leaves the room, seeing Jihoon with Jeonghan and Vernon on the living room. Jihoon who's walking back and forth while biting his nails. Vernon and Jeonghan were on the couch, sitting silently. The atmosphere is somewhat heavy.

"Guys..?" Seungkwan speaks up that catches their attention.

Jihoon freezes on his position while the two on the couch flinch and instantly turn their heads to catch sight of Seungkwan.

"S-seungkwan.." Vernon stutters as he stands up not knowing what to do.

Seungkwan walks towards them, eyebrows crinkled with all their confusing expressions. The hangover is making everything heavier for him.

"Why am I still here?" Seungkwan massages his temple trying to subside the headache. "Didn't Mingyu fetch me? and what's this? I'm confused.."

Jihoon groans and pulls Seungkwan. He makes him sit on the couch before taking a deep sigh.

"Seungkwan.." Jeonghan started with his serious expression. He takes a quick glance on Jihoon and Vernon before facing Seungkwan once again.

Jeonghan told him everything. Everything that happened as to what Vernon told them. He saw how Seungkwan gets stunned and his body became stiff. His breathing gets heavy and they all saw how he went pale.

"S-seungkwan, I'm so sorry.. It's my fault." Vernon stutters, head bowed down.

"Stop. We're all drunk last night. It's no one's fault." Jeonghan remarks but it didn't take off the guilt on Vernon's chest because he knew to himself that he's completely sober.

A long silence covered them before Seungkwan stands up and runs outside of the apartment.

Jihoon tries to run after him but Jeonghan stops him. All of them looks frustrated but it's better to let Seungkwan explain himself to Mingyu.

All they hope is the best for him.

----------

Seungkwan goes straight to their house but there's no sign of Mingyu. The house is empty, even Soomi isn't around. Seungkwan head downstairs and slump on the floor as tears continue to roll down on his already drenched cheeks.

Not long after, the door opened revealing the tall guy he is looking for. He immediately stands up and runs towards Mingyu but before he can even lay a finger on him, the guy shoves him making him stumble on the floor.

Seungkwan went speechless and stunned. He can't move. He just can't. Another set of tears rolls down as he stares at Mingyu standing in front of him.

Seungkwan felt the jab of pain on his chest as he saw Mingyu looking lifeless. His face is not showing any emotions. Empty. He reeks of alcohol but he looks sober. The look on his eyes is full of hatred and anger, that's when Seungkwan felt small.

Seungkwan gathers all of his strength to stand up. He looks at Mingyu trying not to break down.

"Mingyu let me explain-"

"Stop." Mingyu cuts him off. "Fuck your explanations. I don't need one."

Seungkwan comes closer and tries to reach for Mingyu's hand but the guy just takes a step back.   "M-mingyu.." Seungkwan mumbles as lump start to form in his throat.

"I saw it with my two own eyes Seungkwan." Mingyu asserts, his both hands turn into a fist. "I saw it and I'm not fucking dumb!"

"But I'm drunk last night and I didn't know-"

"Shut up!" Mingyu yelled. The pain he's been keeping burst out as tears starts to escape the corner of his eye. "I'm wrong. I'm actually dumb." He lets out a sarcastic laugh. "All this time it's still Vernon, right?"

"How funny that you got mad at me because I'm talking to a plain girl that I'm not interested at all and you're there, making out with that dummy." Mingyu's laugh went hysterical. "I had a hard time pleasing Jeonghan because he sees me as a jerk when all this time you're the one one who will fuck things up. You're hilarious!"

Seungkwan shakes his head, tears still won't stop from falling. "No. Mingyu, listen. I love yo-"

"No, Seungkwan! You don't." Mingyu wipes away his tears and jabs a finger on Seungkwan's chest and pushes him. "That damned heart of yours still belongs to Vernon and I'm too stupid to fall for you when I know it in the first place. You run to me because you're afraid that he'll break you down again. You're afraid that he won't love you back. You used me so you can escape from him." Mingyu pauses and tears continue to roll down. "..and I hate it. I hate you."

Seungkwan's chest felt heavy and it seems like his tears won't stop from falling. His fast heartbeat makes him want to explode. It pains him. Everything he just heard hurts him. He doesn't want to think further but it breaks his heart that he actually knew how it will end up.

"No. No, Mingyu. J-just listen.." Seungkwan sobs.  He doesn't want to let go. "L-listen to me.. Just this time.."

"If I only believed my instinct in the first place, I wouldn't be hurt like this." Mingyu ignores Seungkwan's words. "I even trusted you to fly away to New York with him. I trusted you Seungkwan!"

Seungkwan felt tired. He wanted to slump down and stop functioning. He feels exhausted and ruined.

"How can I trust you now with this?" Mingyu's voice cracks up as he stares at Seungkwan who turn speechless. "How..?"

The whole living room is filled with Seungkwan's small noises and sobbing. He remains on his position, unmoved. He can't defend himself anymore because Mingyu's ears were all close. He's too tired but he doesn't want to let go.

"Let's.. let's just end this." Mingyu mutters.

Heavy tears escape Seungkwan's eyes. "No. No. No!" he tries to grasp on Mingyu's hands but the guy always shoves him off. "No, please. Don't do this." Seungkwan pleads desperately and imprisoned Mingyu in a tight hug.

"Seungkwan. Stop. Now that you ruined my trust, we will not work. So fly with him to New York and let's end this all at once. We're done." Mingyu pushes him off and exits the door once again without giving any single glance at Seungkwan.

Seungkwan groans in pain as his side hit the edge of the display table. He stumbles to the floor, still crying his heart out. He can't believe it. He can't believe that everything ended so fast. 

He clutches his chest feeling his heart break into pieces. He's tired and he wants to hold into something.. but there's none. He's exhausted and wanted Mingyu back.. but he's gone.