43

9 months later

"Are you sure you want to go?" Jihoon asked Mingyu at the backseat of the car.

"Yes of course. We're already here anyway so there is no turning back." Mingyu fiddles his fingers nervously.

Jihoon nods and Soonyoung already parked the car.

"Are you sure that Seungkwan's with them?" Soonyoung asked while fixing his hair.

"Actually he called me last night."

Silence covered the whole car until Soonyoung fakes a cough.

"He did?"

Jihoon nods. "I was surprised too. Like, he cut all his communications with us then he'll call me after a year to tell he's coming back."

Mingyu remains silent. His hands get sweaty and the pounding of his chest went rapidly.

They get off the car and proceeds to the airport's arrival area to wait for their friends.

Jihoon takes a look at his watch. "I assume they already landed- oh there they are."

Mingyu flinches and turns his head to the crowd of people arriving and there he saw the most familiar figure, walking. His hair is already dark and he looks prettier than ever. His heart skips a beat as their eyes met but then sunk after as the guy avoided his gaze in an instant.

"Hyung!" Seokmin waves his hand and runs towards Jihoon before embracing him. Vernon, Minghao and Seungkwan followed behind him.

"Yah! Boo Seungkwan! What the hell- Ouch!" Soonyoung was cut off when Jihoon elbowed him. "What?"

Jihoon glares at Soonyoung and pointed his lips on Mingyu's direction. He remains silent and uneasy. Both Soonyoung and Jihoon notices it. Soonyoung sighs and nods, getting what Jihoon is implying.

"We prepared lunch for us, let's get going?" Jihoon breaks the short get together.

Everyone agrees and they all walk outside to head to Soonyoung's car. They immediately get in. Vernon and Seungkwan on the second row while Mingyu, Minghao and Seokmin on the seats behind them.

Soonyoung starts the engine and hit the road in an instant.

"Jeonghan hyung's waiting. I should at least warn Seungkwan, he'll probably nag at you for the whole time later." Soonyoung teases the younger at the back.

"I'm actually expecting that, even for Jihoon hyung and it's quite unusual that he's being calm right now." Seungkwan commented.

"You'll get my beating once we get home, Seungkwan." Jihoon says. His serious tone made the whole car silent.

Seungkwan holds a small smile. He misses Seoul a lot, not only the place but his friends. The whole stay in New York was great but being back is way better. He's back home.

Mingyu remains silent at the back, his eyes keep on watching at the two in front of him. He wanted to talk to Seungkwan but all of his strength to do so suddenly left him. Now that Seungkwan is back, all the things he wanted to say vanished.

"Hey Mingyu, you missed me?" Minghao crosses his arms and teases Mingyu beside him.

"What- yes of course. I do"

"You missed Seungkwan too, I guess?"

"Yes, of course- I mean, I missed you all." He made a fake laugh, an awkward one. "We missed you all, of course-"

"Whatever." Minghao rolls his eyes and shares a laugh with Seokmin.

Mingyu clenched his fist both in embarrassment and frustrations. His eyes landed once again on the guys in front of him. Seungkwan's head now leaning on Vernon's shoulder. They're both giggling for reasons he doesn't know and it pisses him off.

The whole ride pisses him off, eventually.

They arrived at the pub on time. They all get off from the car and head towards inside.

Mingyu immediately grips on Jihoon's hand that made him stop from proceeding.

"Hyung. I can't. Can I skip this lunch? I can't stand seeing them.. together." Mingyu's eyes watched Seungkwan clings on Vernon's arms as they walk inside the pub.

"What? No, Mingyu. You want to talk to him right? Now, do that. Also, we're not sure if those two were really dating-"

"They are dating."

Minghao and Seokmin said in unison. It takes seconds for both Mingyu and Jihoon to process what they said.

"What? So they really are?" Jihoon asked once again. To make everything clear.

Seokmin nods. "They've been dating for three months."

Jihoons sighs and nods. He saw the gloom on Mingyu's face and he can understand that. For the whole year without Seungkwan, Jihoon saw how hard it is for Mingyu. Up until now, he's still living with the guilt. All Jihoon want right now is for them to talk and it is hard to ask but he really does want the two to get back together.

Jihoon pats Mingyu's back and gave him a small smile. "Just this lunch. Please? Let's not just ruin this for them."

Mingyu forces himself to smile and nods. They both walk inside the pub and was greeted by their other friends.

"The whole pub is ours for now since it'll open by six in the afternoon. I just borrowed the place from my dad." Seungcheol explains proudly before taking a seat.

All of them were almost completely on the table. No one minds the loud laughs and the excitement to share their stories while they are gone. Wonwoo and Jun happily announced that they're together that surprises the newly came guys. Jeonghan and Seungcheol also made it official at last, no one is surprised at all.

Everyone seems to enjoy lunch, except for Mingyu. He excused himself and head towards the comfort room. He walks towards the far end of the pub and enters the small hallway towards the small cubicle where he imprisoned himself. He sat on the bowl and props his shoulders on his knees. He rest his face on his palms, trying to calm himself.

Mingyu thought that once Seungkwan is back, they can talk everything out and fix their situation. He thought that maybe he can have Seungkwan back even if it takes him days, weeks or months pursuing him again.. but now that seeing him together with Vernon, everything just pops off.

He messes his hair out of frustrations and heaves a sigh. Getting sentimental inside a cubicle won't help him in any way so he decided to go back. He fixes his hair back and composes himself. He unlocks the cubicle's door and opens it to step out.. but he froze on his position.

There he saw Vernon and Minghao on the hallway. Minghao's hands wrap around Vernon's shoulder as they share a kiss.