[8] Anxiety

It's been two weeks since Easton and I first started training and tonight he's finally going to let me work behind the bar.

The last two weeks have been much the same as our first two training days together. We talk, we laugh, he teaches me things, we spend time getting to know each other and we have many play fights during the day. Spending time with Easton is my new favourite thing to do, I'd be lying if I said I won't miss him a little now that our training is coming to an end.

It's currently 3 PM and I've just finished getting dressed. Tonight I'm wearing my black, high waisted skinny jeans with a brown coloured singlet tucked in along with some comfortable flats. My hair is down and straight, as usual, and I'm wearing light make-up.

I make my way downstairs to where Caleb and Claire are waiting for me. 

"You look so cute." Claire smiles as she stands up from the couch "Are you sure you don't mind us tagging along?" 

"Of course I don't mind, I'm feeling a little nervous so I'm glad you guys are coming." 

Caleb checks his phone for the time and then looks back at us. "We better get moving if you're going to be there on time."

As usual, it's only a short drive to the club. Caleb chose to drive as he isn't a big drinker, Claire on the other hand can't wait to get her drink on. 

The bar is quiet with only a few people sitting on the stools, some playing pool and a few workers getting everything ready for the night shift. I make my way over to the bar and wait for the male serving to notice me. 

"What can I get for you, babe?" He grins 

"Is Easton in yet?" I question shyly "Uh, tonight is my first night."

"Oh, you're the Newbie?" he smiles as he looks me up and down "Yeah, let me go and grab him." He exits the bar. 

"Early as always." Easton smiles as he makes his way to the front of bar "Let's go." He holds the waist height swinging door open for me and I follow him in. 

We reach the office where he has a few more documents for me to sign and I notice a few of the girls in the lunchroom having a quick gossip session. All of them are dressed in dark pants, some of them in tights, some of them in jeans and a lot of them in tight leather pants with crop tops and other fashionable looking tops, and every single one of them is in high heels. 

"Easton." I question softly 

"Yes Sweetheart?" He raises a brow 

"Is what I'm wearing okay? I feel a little, underdressed."

He turns his attention to the girls for a moment then back to me. "We don't have a dress code as such other than pants or shorts because you have to bend and reach so much during your shift, but what you're wearing is fine." He assures 

"The heels aren't part of the dress code then?" 

"No, most of the girls choose to dress how they would if they were going out for the night, but you don't have to do the same." He shrugs. 

I sign the remaining paperwork and he leads me out the front once more. "Alright guys listen up, this is Aubrey and tonight is her first night so can we make sure we give her a hand if she needs anything."

"Sure thing boss." One of the girls smiles as she makes her way over. "Hey, I'm Kassie." She holds out her hand. 

"Aubrey." 

"Newbie, we're out ice can you go and get some?" The male from earlier yells. 

"That's Justin, ignore him, he's a pain in the ass." She rolls her eyes and faces him. "Her name is Aubrey, not Newbie and get the ice yourself asshole." she turns back to me. "Don't let anyone push you around or tell you what to do okay?" She smiles and makes her way back out to serve.