[42] It all makes sense now

Aubrey's POV:

Today is Saturday, but as usual, I wake up alone. Easton has gone into the office again today, he goes in most days. He's working really hard to keep the peace and keep our family safe while still working with Lorenzo and the Italians on the hush.

I miss him, I miss waking up in his arms, I miss falling asleep together every night, I miss him being home. But I know he is doing this for me and our baby girl, he's trying to get everything into place so when she's born he'll be able to spend more time at home with us.

I make my way downstairs and open the fridge door only to find it empty

Shoot, yesterday was grocery day, it must have slipped my mind.

The front door opens and I turn to find Easton walking through the door with a take out bag and a smile on his face. "Good morning sweetheart, it looks like I'm right on time."

"What are you doing home?" I smile from ear to ear, happy to see him

"Leo and I had a chat this morning, and I've decided that because I don't want to miss out on any more time with you and your baby girl, and I don't want to take Nate away from Oli and Amara that Leo is going to fill in for me for a little while."

"You stepped down?" I ask surprised "East you didn't have to do that, we're fine, honest-"

"I didn't step down, I'm simply working less and Leo is working more, he needs the money and I need to be at home, it's a win, win."

"Soooo, I have my boyfriend back?" I grin

"Yes." He takes a step closer and presses his lips to mine "and to make it up to you, I'm taking you out for dinner tonight."

"Where are we going?"

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Since when do you do surprises?" I raise a brow

"Since today." He pulls the food from the bag. "Now take this to the lounge room, and put on a so we can eat and cuddle."

"This has been the best day I've had in forever." I kiss his cheek softly

"You're an easy woman to please Sweetheart, all we've done is watch movies, and cuddle."

"That's all I want, the simple things. Just the three of us spending quality time together."

"Where did I go right to deserve you huh?" He strokes my hair softly and I snuggle my head back down on his chest kissing it softly.

It's been a few weeks since we've been interment. I have no issues being pregnant and still having a healthy sex life, it's just a little hard when he's never home, but that's all about to change.

Continuing to kiss down his chest, I move lower and lower until I reach the top of his pants, and un-button them

"Aubrey," he moves slightly

"Yes?" look up at him with a lustful expression

"Sweetheart, I'd love to, but we should be getting ready for dinner."

I stop and sit up looking at him in disbelief, this is the first time he's ever turned me down and I don't understand why.

"I want to, I do." He reaches out taking my hand "It's just we really need to get to dinner on time or we might lose our table."

"Sure, I'll go and take a shower." I stand up from the couch and make my way upstairs.

I reach the bathroom and pull my dress over my head, I stare in the mirror for a moment assessing myself body, my boobs are bigger but that's about all that's changed except for my bump, I don't understand, does he not find me attractive anymore?