[23] Goodbye

"Are you ready to go Sweetheart?" Easton questions as steps into the room I've been sleeping in for the last four nights.

I turn to face him and nod softly. He's dressed in a black suit and his hair is done neatly rather than it's usual messy style, he looks so nice. "You look nice."

"So do you." He takes my hand

I'm dressed in a simple black dress with some heels and a black jacket. My hair is down and natural with its slight curl. I haven't bothered for the last four days as I haven't left the house, but today I'm wearing some light make-up.

"Time to go already," I say taking a deep breath

"Do you need a moment?"

"No." I shake my head "I'm okay."

We arrive at the chapel and there are people everywhere. As we reach the walkway I take a deep breath looking across at everyone scattered around. There are so many familiar faces, our entire year group appears to be here, I'm not surprised as Claire was always very popular with her bright and bubbly personality. Her family is here as well, not only Angie, Damon, and Caleb but her grandparents, aunts, and uncles, cousins and family friends. And not only are her old friends here, but all of our new friends are also here, Charlie, Zay, Evie, Leo, Romee, Reid, Emi, Amara, Shay, Lane, Chet, Amity, Jill, Jordan, everyone is here to celebrate her life.

Easton slips his hand into mine pulling me from my thoughts and I give him a soft smile. He squeezes my hand and I begin to walk through the crowds of people. On the way to the door, old school friends stop me and tell me how sorry they are.

Once we reach the door I make my way over Caleb and the family and give them all a long hug. A moment later the funeral director makes his way out and announces its time to fill the Chapel and find our seats.

"There is a seat for you at the front," Caleb says as he places his hand on my shoulder, then looks up towards Easton. "You to man." He nods and makes his way into the building.

"Today we celebrate the very short, but very bright life of Claire Sophia Williams. The tragedy in which Claire was taken from all of you is exactly that, a tragedy and I pass on my deepest condolences to you all." The director begins.

The funeral goes on much the same as any other, the director speaks and tells stories about Claire's life, he shares words from family members who are unable to stand up and speak and we listen to one of her favourite songs.

Angie and Damon weren't able to speak as it was too hard for both of them. But really they didn't need to, because everyone in the room knows how much Claire meant to them, she was their world.

"I'd like to call on Caleb, Claire's brother to say a few words." The director steps back from the microphone.

Caleb stands and makes his way to the microphone, clears his throat and pulls out his paper from his pocket. "When I think of my sister, the first thing I think of is crazy. Crazy but in the best way possible. Whenever Claire was around, there was a smile on everyone's face, she had a light within her that lit up every room she walked into. She was smart, beautiful, kind, and the most amazing friend anyone could ask for." He clears his teary throat.

"She was the kind of person who could make you smile even in the middle of your worst day, the kind of person who knew how to make everything better with a simple hug or some wise words. As her older brother, I can't help but feel like I let her down that night, I can't help but feel I should have done something to protect her better, but I know she wouldn't want me to think that way, she wouldn't want any of us to think that way." His eyes shoot down to me, then back out at everyone.