[16] Grandad

Easton's POV:

I offered to pick Aubrey up, but she insisted she didn't want me to come out of the way and she'd drive herself. After Amara ruined our moment yesterday we went the rest of the afternoon being professional, there was no more flirting, no more almost kisses, and definitely no sex on the desk.

Everyone has arrived so far except for Aubrey, Grandma, and Grandad. It's been a long time since we've had a family dinner so I'm looking forward to it. It's the usual crew Aunt Charlie and Uncle Zay, Evie and Leo, Reid and Emi and Romee, and of course Jill and Jordan and Nate.

"Oof, she looks so pretty" Amara looks up from her conversation with Evie and smiles in the direction of the door.

I turn my attention in the same direction and watch as Aubrey and my Mum make their way out onto the deck where we're currently all standing around talking. She's dressed in a white chocker top and a leather shirt that comes to her mid-thigh, hugging her in all the right places and on her feet are some black ballet flats that wrap around her ankle in a criss-cross pattern.

I can't help but think how good she'd look in my leather jacket, leather on leather and feel a stir in my pants. I clear my throat as she makes her way over to the girls.

"Hey." She smiles and greets Amara and Evie

"Hey girlfriend, look at you, you look hot." Amara gushes and pulls her in for a hug.

"Hi beautiful." Evie smiles and gives her a hug as well.

"I'll introduce to everyone you haven't met yet." Amara grins and walks her over to where Dad and a few of the others are standing.

"Guys I want you to meet someone." She calls interrupting them. "This is my dad Lane, Uncle Zay, Evie's dad and this is Jill and Jordan, Leo's Mum and Dad." she points, then turns back to Aubrey. "Everyone this is mine and Easton's friend Aubrey."

"Nice to meet you hon." Jill smiles warmly and gives her a hug

"Easton was telling me you're having some trouble with your car?" Zay questions

"Oh yeah, I'm always having trouble with it." she laughs and tucks her hair behind her ear.

"You should bring it down to the shop, Reid and I can sort it for you." He offers

"Thanks, that would be great."

Tired of waiting, I know if I want to talk to her, I'm going to have to go to her so I turn to Nate and grin "I'll be back." I make my way over to where they're standing, she turns and gives me a smile as she sees me coming.

"You look, nice sweetheart," I tell her as I wrap my arms around her and kiss her cheek.

"Thanks" She smiles as she returns the hug.

"You're going to be the death of me," I whisper, still holding her.

She giggles softly and pulls back from the hug. My eyes shoot up to my family and they're all watching us, but look away and get back to talking as soon as I look at them. What am I? A zoo animal, jeez.

A moment later Grandad arrives and makes his way over, saying his hellos.

"Hey grandad" I smile and give him a hug "Where's grandma?"

"Inside helping your mother with the cooking." He shrugs and turns his attention to Aubrey giving her a soft smile "Hi, I'm Chet."

"Aubrey." She smiles back.

"Right, grandad Aubrey, Aubrey, Grandad," I add

"Your mother says you want to speak to me?"

"Do you have time?"