[22] Angie

I open the front door, and she stands in front of me, a broken look in her eyes, her skin pale and her hands trembling.

"Aubrey." She bursts into tears the second she sees me.

I reach out to hug her, crying with her. "I'm so sorry, I should have stayed with her."

"Don't you do that, this isn't your fault." She assures as she drops her arms from the hug and moves back. "This isn't your fault okay?"

I nod softly "Caleb is in the living room."

I walk her to the living room of Easton's house where everyone is currently sitting. Caleb hasn't stopped sobbing and Romee is still by his side, holding him as he cries.

Charlie looks up and sees Angie, her eyes widen and she stands up "Angie."

"Charlie?" She questions. "Oh my god." She burst into tears once more.

Charlie jumps up and wraps her in an embrace holding her close. It would seem they know each other somehow. After pulling back from Angie she gets down on the floor next to Caleb and pulls him into her arms holding him as they sob together.

Romee leaves his side, and we all leave the room giving them some privacy. Once we reach the kitchen, everyone takes a seat, I choose to stand.

"You know Angie?" I ask Charlie.

She nods her head "We used to be college roommates, and we kept in contact for many years after but as life changed for the both of us we seemed to lose contact somewhere along the way." She says sadly "She's Caleb and Claire's mother?"

"Yes." I nod "And mine too in a way I suppose. She and her husband Damon have taken care of me since I was twelve years old."

"I had no idea," Charlie says softly. 

"It's a small world," Zay adds sadly. 

Easton appears once more, Lane and Chet both with him. They all have serious looks on their faces and Easton looks stressed beyond belief, of course he is, some crazy men just shot up his bar, and not only will he have to deal with the clean up form that, but he also has to live with knowing people where murdered in his club. 

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Chet asks places his hand on my shoulder. 

I turn and come face to face with him, and I nod my head softly, tears rolling down my cheeks once more. "Yeah." I lie.

"Come here." He says softly and pulls me into his arms holding me as I cry. "Has her mother arrive yet?" He questions 

"Yes, she's in the lounge room with Caleb." I nod and pull back from the hug drying my tears. 

"Do you think I could speak with her a moment?" 

"I'm sure she'd be okay with that." I nod. 

Together we walk to the living room and the scene I walk into breaks my heart. Angie is on the ground cradling Caleb as he sobs in her arms, telling her he is sorry over and over and over again. Angie is a mess but she's trying to keep it together for her son as best she can. 

"Ang." I whisper getting her attention. "This is Chet, he'd like to speak with you if that's okay?

She stands up and Caleb pulls himself together as best he can. "You're Charlie's father," Angie says seeming to recognize him. 

"Yes, I'm Charlies' father." He nods "Why don't you come and sit down, there are some things I would like to talk to you about." 

She nods her head and they walk to the other side of the room and sit down on the couch together. I sit down on the floor next to Caleb and he puts his arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder, we don't talk, we just sit there together taking it all in.