[33] Shots fired

"Are you okay?" Amara questions as she places the tip of the sniper out the window looking through the scope

"I'm fine." I nod and take a seat next to her on the floor

"You were planning on leaving weren't you?"

"H-how did you know?"

"Your bag is packed and the window is open." She shrugs keeping her attention on the scope. "Good thing you did I guess, you saved our lives."

A second later I hear the sound of gunshots coming from downstairs.

The sounds are deafening and I close my eyes tight trying to keep from thoughts from going back to the night I lost my best friend.

More gunshots sound accompanied by yelling, and someone yelling in pain as they hit the ground.

"You okay?" I hear Chet yell

"Go, go, it's just my leg, I'm fine." Nate yells back.

The gunshots seem to die down but we hear running from the house. Amara begins to aim and shoot at the Russians and I watch from the window behind her as they fall to the ground.

"Amara." Nate yells from down the stairs "baby I'm down."

"Shit." She jumps from her spot and runs down the stairs

"Go, go, go." Easton yells as he, Chet and Shay chase after the last Russian.

I sit upon my knees and look through the scope. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'll try, I'm doing this for Claire, they took my best friend's life and now I'll take one of theirs.

"Let him go, it's too dangerous" Chet yells and stops Easton.

Easton and Chet both stop running, they're now out of my line of fire. I line up the target again who is running into bushland and I place my finger on the trigger, I need to pull it, but I can't. It's still a life.

I watch as the male turns, his gun pointed at Easton and I feel my heart begin to pound, I have to. I put my finger in place once again and pull the trigger. It's only a matter of seconds until he's hit and he falls to the ground dead.

My hands begin to shake again and pull away from the gun. Their eyes look up to the bedroom window and Easton spots me.

"Aubrey." He yells as he runs back towards the house.

He enters the room and I stand up making my way to him quickly, once I reach him I throw my arms around him holding him close. "You're okay," I whisper

"I'm fine Sweetheart." He pulls back looking at me "Are you? How on earth did you make that shot?"

"I- I had to, it was him or you. I just lined it up and hoped for the best." I admit

"Thank-you" he pulls me back into his arms once more.

"Is everyone else okay?" I question still locked in our embrace

"Nate got hit in the leg but he'll be fine, Romee is on her way over to fix him up." He whispers, holding me close.

Buzzz buzz buzz

He pulls back from the hug and answers his phone  "You got my message?"

Silence

"Yeah, five bodies and I need them out of here as soon as possible."

Silence

"No, he didn't get away after all, Aubrey shot him."

Silence