[48] Letter

I make my way into the house and lock the front door behind me. The house still smells like him and in every single room I look in to all I see is our memories.

I make way up the stairs and to his office door. Slowly I twist the handle and make my way in. The smell of his cologne fills the room once more and I wipe away a tear that rolls down down my cheek.

Reaching the drawer, I sit down in his seat and pull it open. Just like Lorenzo had stated, there is a letter sitting on top of everything in the draw with my name on it.

Aubrey,
Sweetheart if you're reading this then it means I am no longer here, and for that, I am so, so sorry. I hope you know how much I love you and our baby girl. Not being able to see her grow has been the hardest thing for me to try and come to terms with, along with the fact I'll never get to see your beautiful face again. As Alena grows I hope you will show her photos of me and remind her each day just how much I wanted her and that couldn't wait to meet her, that finding out about her was the happiest day of my life. 

Sweetheart we've through so much together in a short amount of time but I love you Aubrey, with every single inch of my heart I love you and I'm so sorry that we didn't get the chance to grow old together.

Before I left I had the deeds to the house signed into your name, it's yours, yours and Alena's, all of the cars are signed over to you as well as the business's, everything I've ever had is yours and our daughters. 

I know this isn't going to be easy for you, I've put myself in your place and if it was me losing you I would be a mess, I wouldn't know what to do. But I want you to be happy sweetheart, I want you to be strong, I want you to live your life and surround yourself with people who bring you joy, I don't want you to lose your light. I love you forever and always, I'm so sorry.

Love Easton

I read the letter aloud, tears streaming down my cheeks as I do. Everything is mine, he has left everything to me and Alena. But I don't want everything, I'd trade everything I have to have him back. To see him just one more time.

I look my eyes to the bottom of the page, a bunch of random letters are scribbled at the bottom, it doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe someone else will know.

J xjmm dpnf cbdl up zpv

I fold up the letter and place it back in the envelope, then stand up and make my way into our bedroom. I walk into our walk-in robe and strip off to my panties before pulling one of his shirts from the wardrobe then pull it over my body. Making my way over to the bed I lay down and snuggle into the sheets that smell just like him. 

I pull his pillow into my arms and hug it tight as I cry "Please East, I need to know you're still with me, give me a sign, anything at all." I cry

But I get nothing. 

I lay awake waiting for a sign for what seems like hours but nothing happens. Maybe it was just wishful thinking but I've read stories about people who have lost loved ones still feeling them around them, some people feel their loved one laying next to them or holding their hand, and even kissing him on the top of the head in some cases. But I don't, I feel nothing. 

Shay's POV: (Back at the Ravens)

"I just don't know how she's going to get through this Lane, she's already been through so much."

"I don't know how any of us are going to get through this Sweetheart, but I understand your concern for Aubrey and our Granddaughter."

"How did this happen Lane? How did we lose him?" I begin to sob