4: hanako

"Hanako... Hanako... Are you there..?" Silence filled the washroom of the third floor as you and your friend, Yashiro, had gone into the rumored washroom to see if this "school rumour" was true or not. So far, there were no results.

"I-I don't think sh-she's real, l-let's go before anything bad happens!!" You suggest in fear. What happened next could have sent you to the far end.

"Oh, she's real, alright... and I'm going to get my wish.." Declared the radish.

"Over here." You could feel someone's breath on your neck as it spoke. Shivers had run down your spine.

You squeaked and ran behind your best friend, and closed your eyes shut as you fled from apparent danger.

"I am Hanako of the toilet, nice to meet you!" It spoke, but the voice did not sound feminine in the least. It sounded like a.. boy's voice? You were confused, to say the least.

Curious, you opened your eyes to see a boy, who was nothing of which you suspected. "Y-you're Hanako??!! What about the red skirt? You're not even a girl, either!" Exclaimed the white haired radish.

"Ah, that stuff's outdated!" Exclaimed the ghost as it held up a couple peace signs. This ghost is surprisingly friendly! You both thought in unison. "Everything aside from my gender that you've heard from the rumour is true! I'll grant you one wish, the bigger the wish, the bigger the price! Well? What do you ask of me?"

"W-well.. I-I want the boy I like to fall head over heels for me!" Declaired Yashiro.

"Weeell, I've got just the thing!" You both gasped in surprise as Hanako reached into his pocket and pulled out... A non-fiction book on romance. Both you and Yashiro stared at the ghost in distaste. "Now now, I see you're disappointed, but if I used my ghost powers, you would have to pay a bigger price!"

"A-and what about (y/n)?" Questioned Yashiro. I can go without a wish.. I'd rather have stayed in class than staying with some hentai ghost.. You thought.

"Oh, your friend?" Ouch. "She can get her wish... Some other time. Sorry, only one wish at a time!" Double ouch, you came all this way for no prize? Ow. Hanako winked in an attempt to avoid being glared at, but failed miserably. Yashiro was already glaring daggers at him. Suddenly, she spots a bag near Hanako.

"What are those..?" She questioned as she pointed to the little bag.

"Ah, those?" Said Hanako. "Those are mermaid scales, whichever two people that eat the scale of the same mermaid are bound together, they are bound by a bond stronger than life or death."

Without thinking, Yashiro reached for the mermaid scales, but tripped on the ground. As if in slow-motion, one of the scales flew into the air, an inside your mouth as you yelped in fear. You began choking.

The choke was painful, and as if it were some kind of bodily reflex, you accidentally swallowed the scale. Poor you.

Suddenly, as if it were magic, your body felt all sorts of fuzziness as you began shrinking into the size of a small pocket. You tried moving your arms and legs, but they weren't there. Instead of human limbs, you were greeted with fins. Actually fins.

What's happening to me!! You thought. Why am I a fish??!!! Your tiny little fish eyes begin to water as some kind of giant figure, oh that's just Hanako, puts you into a little fish tank. You swam around, in pure and utter confusion.

Suddenly, Hanako begins to sneer towards your friend, Yashiro, who squeaks in response. "See? Look what happens when you deal with the supernatural, it costed your friend."

"I-I she going to d-die?" Asked the giant radish, oh wait no, that's Yashiro.

"No, far from it. You didn't let me finish, the curse has to be split, that's why two people have to eat a scale." Explained Hanako. "Hey, Radish's Friend-"

"I'm not a radish!!" Yashiro angrily declared.

"Anyways.. do you wish to become human again?" Asked Hanako. You tried your best to nod in your silly little fish form. "Okay, it's settled, in return for your love life," He faced towards Yashiro. "..and your humanity," Hanako then faced to your fishy form. "Pay me with your bodies." He said as he put a mermaid scale onto his tongue and gulped down.

All so suddenly, in a flash you regain your limbs. "I-I'm me!! I'm not a fish!!"

Hanako chuckled and smirked. The two of you made eyes contact and....

Whoops.

Your heart did a thing.

"Alright, girls, you have to pay me with your physical labour.👌" He continued.

"Huuh?!" You and Yashiro questioned in unison.

You continued "I thought he was some kind of dirty ghost!!!"

Hanako glared at your, and appeared behind you. "Oi, that hurt." He said.

Yashiro's legs trembled in fear, as Hanako's facial expression was indeed terrifying.

"Y-Yashiro..?" You called out your friend's name.

"Yeah?" She responded.

"W-we shouldn't have called for the seventh rumour's help.."

"You're right.."

"..meanies." Hanako said.

-----
Edit: I cleaned the oneshot.
It's less exciting, yeah, but this way, it's less cringe.