35: tsuchigomori

"Congratulations, (B/N), you got 100% on your quiz today~ Well done!" You smiled graciously at your young student, not noticing his slight blush at your kind words.

"T-thanks, Ms. (L/N)." (B/N) took the quiz from your hands, in awe at how you managed to not yell at him for how shy he's being.

You really were a kind teacher.

"Alright, class, today we'll be doing lesson 4 in your textbooks~ I'll give you guys some homework on it next class, so study hard!"

"Yes, Ms. (L/N)!" Almost all your students loved you.

Almost.

In another one of your classes, a second year class, one mischievous, goody two-shoes student named Teru hated your guts.

No, you weren't born human, you're a tool to the school. A supernatural tool. Scum of the earth. An evil spirit that must be eliminated at all costs.

"Any questions?" You asked politely, smiling at all the little children you were so terribly proud of.

"Yes, ma'am." One spoke. Crap, it's the exorcist.

"Go ahead!" You put your best effort into smiling encouragingly Tery Minamoto.

"Why are you evem alive?" Ouch.

You almost shed a tear. Your very child- scratch that, student of whom you care for a lot and are very proud of asked why you were even alive, wishing you weren't.

"Now, now.. don't hurt my feelings, Minamoto..~ You know better than to do that." He really doesn't. Teru Minamoto could wipe you out in a single strike with his glorified exorcist sword. The problem is, you have yet to actually pose a threat, not to mention he can't find any malice in your soul.

Why are you alive as a supernatural if you're so content and happy?

Beats me. Teru thought.

"Yes, yes.." He said, falsely grinning.

Suddenly, the bell rings, signaling that it's time for the children to eat lunch.

"Aaand that's the bell! My, time sure does fly, doesn't it?" You smiled at your children-

No, not children, students.

"Can I eat lunch here, today Ms. (L/N)?" A shy girl asked.

Sadly, due to having plans with your coworker, Tsuchigomori and thus being to look after the class when gone, you had to decline. "I'm sorry, but I'm a bit busy with one of my coworkers today, sorry (G/N), mabye next class?"

"Oh, it's no worries, I know your job is terribly stressful, I'll come again some other time!" You were lucky (G/N) was so kind and understanding. Sighing in relief, you smile graciously at her

"Thanks~ Once again, I'm terribly sorry!!"

"Ms. (L/N), I don't understand the practice question in Lesson 4.." Some student asked, clearly confused

"Me neither." Another said, with furrowed eyebrows.

--

Rushing to the staff room, you came rushing late to your meeting with Mr. Tsuchigomori, your coworker.

"Did the students hold you up?" He glared, leaning back onto his chair impatiently.

"Ah, sorry, Mr. Tsuchigomori.." The name sounded so foreign, so ugly coming from your mouth.