16: kou

"Kou! Kou! Look what I made!" The young girl pushed some sort of figure towards Kou Minamoto, her childhood friend. "It's a good luck charm! I recently read this story about these kids that died in a truck accident.." She hands over the charm to Kou, a bright smile on her face. "The victims were a boy and a girl! Just like you and I! And to ensure that you don't die, I made this traffic safety charm for you!!"

"Wha-??" The boy responded, embarrassed by the fact a girl, and his crush at that, gave him a handmade gift. "D-don't you think y-you should be giving this to people you 'like'??!" He exclaimed, a heavy blush resting on his cheeks as his ears reddened.

Innocently, the girl giggles. "But I like you!!" She exclaimed, her laughter ringing in younger Kou's ears.

-timeskip-

"Hey, Kou, you're still keeping that charm, I see." (Y/N) notices. "You don't have to keep it for my sake, if you don't like it, just throw it out, I won't mind." She lied.

If Kou were to throw it out, her heart would shatter into a million pieces, be thrown into a fire, only to be stomped on by a bunch of emo teenagers thinking they're cool. Then, slime would have oozed out of the remaining pieces of her heart.

"B-but I can't get rid of it!! You gave this to me! It's precious!" He claimed, a faint blush dusting his ears and cheeks.

".." Not believing his words at first, (Y/N) stayed silent for a few seconds, until finally replying, "Thanks a lot! It means a lot to me, hehe.." She giggled sheepishly as a faint blush dusted her cheeks aswell.

"Anyway, let's get to class! School's about to start!" Kou hastily changed the subject before the two were able to reminisce about their past too much.

And that was a good thing.

As a child, (Y/N) would always push Kou into doing lots of embarrassing things.

One day, she jumped off a bridge. Kou ended up trying to pull her arm back, thinking that if she fell into the river below, the water would turn into concrete and she would die. Kou ended up being pulled in with her.
He almost drowned, and (Y/N) had to haul his suffering kid body back to shore.

On a hazy summer day, (Y/N) and Kou decided to have their families go to the beach. That sucked, because (Y/N) and Kou almost drowned.

She pretended to drown, in attempted to catch Kou's attention away from all the older ladies surrounding him. (Y/N), being the good swimmer she was, was deep in the water.

Kou, being the somewhat decent swimmer he was, basically almost died trying to "bring her back to shore". (Y/N), realizing that Kou was drowning, had to stop her act and swam Kou back to shore.

When Kou found out she was only faking her drown, he was angered a lot and forced her to buy him snacks for the rest of the week. His facial expressions were priceless.

All in all, Kou always acted tough in front of (Y/N), but (Y/N) was always tougher. She was always more active, and always more cheerful. She was a like the sun itself showing up during the cold winter in order to bring back spring and warm up the world, his world.

。。。

「"Hurry up, we're got to head to school!" Kou exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah.." (Y/N) shrugged. Suddenly, a cat appeared from within her line of sight. "Oh my goodness, a cat!! I'm gonna chase it!" She declared.

"Yeah, but it's a black cat! Those things are bad luck!" Kou explains.

"Ah, that's just superstition! Lighten up, Kou! Cats are the cutest!!" Kou tried to pull (Y/N) back, before she did anything stupid, but he failed as she ran just past his grasp.

"Wait up!!" He screamed.

Kou followed (Y/N) all the way to a road crossing. (Y/N) hastily hasing the black cat and Kou hastily chasing the wild animal for a girl he's been crushing on.

Suddenly, as she was in the middle of the road, still chasing the cat, the traffic light turned red.

"(Y/N), WATCH OUT!!" Kou exclaimed as loud as he could, running over to the road she stood on.

"Kou, what are you talking abo-" Kou had now a firm gasp on the back of her shirt, trying to pull her and him back to safety before immediate danger could occur.

(Y/N) died that day, Kou held her corpse in his arms,

And he'll hold her corpse many more times, as the cycle continues.

That is the tale of the destiny bound children. Rumour has it that their spirits are still trapped in that endless cycle of trying to save eachother from that endless fate, neither one succeeding。」

"That's sappy. Where'd ya get it from, kid? Some emo teen song?" Asked Hanako.

Kou remained silent, gathering his thoughts.

"Hanako, you shouldn't pry into other people's buisness." Said Yashiro, trying t act mature.

"..I got it from my friend." Kou muttered.

"Oh? A hottie? She work at a coffee shop? A latte hotte"

"No.. She faked her death to prank me." Kou lied.

REQUEST LIST
Jelly!Hanako x Reader
Hanako x Jealous!Reader
Jealous Akane x Reader
Hanako x Reader Fluff
Jealous Kou x Reader
Yandere Hanako x Reader
Yugi Twins x Reader
Yandere Tsukasa x Reader
Hanako x Reader
Tsukasa x Reader angst
Tsukasa x Reader fluff
Yugi x Reader fluff
Amane x Supernatural!Reader
Yandere!Tsukasa x Reader
Yugi Twins x Reader Fluff
Kou x reader Angst
Hanako x Donut crackfic
Jealous!Tsuchigomori x Kind!Reader
Flirty!Hanako x Shy!Reader
Flirty Hanako x Flirty Reader
Hanako x Jealous Reader
Tsuchigomori x Reader Pt. 2
Suicidal Tsukasa BroFic(no romance)
Yandere Hanko x Reader
Hanako x Reader Soulmate AU
Hanako x Dominant!Reader

Edit: added an extra at the end.
Plot twist: reader died but shes a spirit.