5: teru minamoto

The day was almost over, and raindrops kept pouring down. The sound soothed your ears as you waited for your childhood friend, Teru to finish his class presidential duties.

He sure is taking his well time.. You thought.

That day, you hadn't bothered to check the weather, as the day before was shining as bright as could be. You hadn't expected the slightest amount of rain to come pouring down.

Oh, how wrong you were.

The cold rain kept pouring down until the earth died, or so it seemed. You sighed and crossed your arms impatiently. The waiting seemed like forever as you stood at the front of the school impatiently.

"(Y/N), what a surprise! What are you doing here?" said a masculine voice. It seemed to be gentle and soft, aswell as a handful of maturity. The voice belonged to none of than-

"Teru! What took you so long? I was waiting for what seemed forever." You joked. He stood there, slightly surprised at the fact that you would wait for him. "The rain wouldn't stop pouring, and I kinda accidentally, not on purposely, forgot my umbrella..? Mind if we share..?" You confessed.

Suddenly, reality hit you like a truck hitting two children. "I-I mean like f-friends, of course!! I didn't mean go-to cause you any discomfort, Teru..!!! Sorry!" Your face reddened as you scratch the back of your head nervously. An embarrassed grin formed on your face.

There he stood, slowly attempting to comprehend the messy jumble of words you spat on him. "Yeah, it's alright," He smiled.

Goodness, I'd die for that smile.. You thought shamelessly.

Teru quickly snapped you out of your thoughts. "Shall we get going?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure!" You wearily entered the umbrella with your childhood friend and began walking home. The walking was long, cold, but oh so worth it.

Teru was the kind of guy who knew how to share an umbrella. He didn't squish you wish his shoulders, but he didn't avoid your body like the plague. Teru also knew how to perfectly match your speed, and how to keep the water from pouring onto either one of you.

Ah, the benefits of knowing this guy since childhood.. You thought, shamelessly.

"Aren't we picking up your brother, Teru?" You questioned. Kou had been a significant part of your life whenever your would visit the Minamoto household. He was always to childishly energetic, and you found it cute.

"Ah, Kou? He wanted to stay after school for something. He never specified, haha." Minamoto's eyes had a hint of worry. Is he worried that his younger brother might be growing up? You thought. The idea, so funny it sounded to you, and so a mischievous grin grew on your face.

"Are you worried he's growing up???" You teased, with a nasty grin plastered over your face. "Oh! Prince Kou's growing up and moving on! He's going to get a girlfriend and move onto another kingdom! Oh, woe am I, woe am I!" You dramatically joked, hoping to atleast break some kind of boundary you figured Teru was putting up.

"Haha.. Don't joke about that." He threaten- suggested. Teru's face was terrifying, a nasty stare took place, and he looked nasty, for once. You could feel his mad aura from the other side of the world just clearly. That's how bad his expressions were, but you didn't let that shake you. After all, you're his childhood friends, and so you know his weakness.

"Whhaaat? You can't handle a joke?" You teased.

"One more and I'm taking the umbrella for myself-"

"Okay, okay!!" Unfortunately, you had to give up the great fun you were having in exchange for not taking a shower later on and a quiet walk home with your childhood friend.