Brother's Best Friend - Shawn Mendes

I was laying on the couch when the doorbell rang. My brother Jake was out of town, so I didn't really know who it could have been.

I slowly lifted myself from the sofa as the doorbell rang again. "Y/N, please, open the door" I recognized Shawn's voice from the other side of the door.

"Hey," I said when I opened the door, revealing a bruised Shawn.

I walked him to the nearest bathroom, taking the first aid kit with me. He carefully lifted me on the counter and stood in between my legs.

"I'm sorry" he whispered softly as I started cleaning his wounds.

"What was the reason?"

"They were talking shit about your brother," he said as he caressed my three months old pregnant belly that was hiding under my blue big jumper.

"Y/N, they need to know. You know my parents support us, yours will too" he tried to reassure me.

"But what about Jake? He would probably kill you" I whispered.

"I don't care. He is my best friend, but you are my girlfriend, and this little baby is our baby" he said as he bent down and kissed my belly.

"I want you to be with me through it, though," I said as I combed his hair with my hand.

"Obviously"

—-

Everyone was sitting on the couches at the Mendes' house, me and Shawn in front of them. Fortunately, Karen, Manny, and Aaliyah knew about the baby, but my family didn't.

"So," I said nervously. "We need to tell you something"

"I and Shawn have been in a relationship for almost three years now," I said softly as I reached for my lover's hand, connecting it with his. My brother's face dropped, he was looking at Shawn, fisting his hands.

He was about to stand up, but Manny pushed him down on the couch.

"Can we go now?" he angrily asked our parents.

"I-I still have something to tell you," I said, silence filling the room again.

I couldn't bring myself to say those words.

"C'mon, baby, tell them," Shawn said softly.

"I-I'm pregnant"

The rest was chaos. My mum freaked out, my dad was yelling and my brother was about to start a fight with Shawn. Then they all started arguing, about how the Mendes already knew, about how my parents weren't supporting their daughter's decision, about my relationship with Shawn. Aaliyah was hugging me, trying to comfort me even though tears were streaming down my face.

I held my belly and my lover's hand as the chaos invaded my brain, making me close my eyes and leave for a bit the messy world I was living in.

—-

There he was, the small baby in my arms, Noah Jake. His small hand was grasping my pointer finger as he was sleeping on my chest. Shawn was out of the hospital room, talking to the people that came to visit us.

"I love you so much, bud" I whispered to the little baby.

"You'll be the most loved person in the world" I kissed his little forehead.

"I and Daddy love you so much" I kissed his little nose.

"And will ever love you"

Oct 07, 2019