Socks And Bucket Hats - Ruel

Everyone was having fun, the teacher wasn't able to come to class and so we were left alone. No teachers around, just ourselves and our friends.

I was sitting alone in the middle of the class, earbuds in while I did some homework, not really caring about my surroundings.

I felt the chair in front of me move as the tall guy that usually sat at the back of the class walked in front of me. He stared at me for a bit, eyeing me and the paper under my hand.

"Hi," I said softly, flashing him a smile.

"Hey" He responded, a hand combing his blonde hair. "I like your socks," He said, pointing at my green socks with avocados.

"Thanks" I blushed.

A thick layer of silence grew between us, me still listening to music and studying while he looked at me.

"Why aren't you hanging out with the others?" He asked all of a sudden.

"They don't want me around. I mean, yeah, they talk to me and sometimes they are nice but they don't want to hang out with me apparently" I sighed sadly. "Why aren't you hanging out with the others, then?" I mocked him, looking up at him.

"I wanted to get to know you, you seem like someone really nice," He said softly.

"Not a dare?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Nope"

"Well wow, I wasn't expecting this" I joked, surprised.

"I'm Ruel," He said softly.

"Y/N" I shook his hand.

"Wanna hang out after school?" He asked.

I was shocked. Wait, shocked wasn't even the correct word to describe how I felt.

"Uhm... Yeah, sure" I smiled softly as I nodded.

"Nice, I'll see you later"

—–

I found myself in Ruel's car right after school. He drove for a couple of minutes before he pulled up near a big house, supposedly his house.

"Come in, my mum is probably gonna be inside," He said with a smile. He took my coat off of my shoulders and leading me to his living room.

"Hey mum," He said as we neared her frame. "This is Y/N, we take English together"

"Hi, ma'am" I smiled at her.

"Hi, sweetie"

"So, we're gonna go up to my room, probably to get to know each other and do some homework" He reassured his mother.

"Have fun!" She said before switching on the tv.

His room was big but cozy at the same time. It smelled like him, like cologne. A big window was right next to the bed, the dark autumn clouds and the orange leaves on trees looked so pretty from that spot.

I turned around and found him opening his dresser, trying to find something comfier to wear, only to let some bucket hats fall on the ground.

"I love bucket hats, " I said, reaching for a white one on the ground. "I have a couple at home, but I don't wear them at school. People would make fun of me" I let it fit on my head as a giggle came out of my lips.

"Same" He grabbed a black one and put it on, a small smile on his lips.

"You look cute" I giggled.

"Same to you," He said, making me blush.

"So... Homework?" I suggest.

"Homework" He replies.

—– Ruel's POV —–

"So, if the earth is circling the sun while the moon is- Y/N?" I said, without hearing a response.

"Y/N?"

I look over to my bed where she was sitting before and notice her body laying on it. Her eyes were closed as her face was relaxed. I decided to let her sleep while I finished my homework, so she could rest for a bit.

After an hour or so, her phone rings, so I pick it up for her. The contact call was named "Finn" with some hearts after it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Where is Y/N?" The person on the other line asked worriedly.

"She's at my house. I'm Ruel, by the way. She stopped by to do some homework with me and fell asleep" I replied.

"She should have been home an hour ago. I'm sorry, I'm her brother Finn. Can you take her home when she wakes up?"

"Yeah sure, don't worry" I replied smiling.

"Thanks. No funny business, she's still my sister"

-

"It was nice hanging out with you, " I told her softly when I stopped my car in front of her house.

"Thank you, I haven't hung out with anyone in a while" She smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask her.

"Sure" She smiled, kissing my cheek before getting inside her house.

Oh damn, I was going to be screwed for her.

Nov 28, 2019