X-Factor - Shawn Mendes

The crowd cheered as I bowed. I made it. People stood up as they clapped, making a huge smile grow on my lips.

"So..." Halsey said from her chair in front of me. "You did amazing! Good job!" the other two judges nodding their heads.

"Can I say something, though?" Shawn Mendes, the last judge said.

"Your voice is amazing, but the song you decided to sing wasn't really made for your vocal range, in fact, some notes seemed really difficult for you to reach." he said, the crowd booing at him. "Guys, this is my opinion, I'm sorry if I disappointed you."

"Anyways, let's get to the votes." Simon said.

"Yes!" Halsey screamed from her mic.

"It's a yes for me." Simon said.

"I'm gonna say no." Shawn said, disappointing me a bit.

"And it's a yes for me." The other judge said.

I muttered some 'thank yous' on my way out as I went backstage, finding my best friend Kayla screaming and jumping all over the place.

"You did amazing! Don't let Shawn's opinion let you down." She said as she hugged me.

"Yeah, it disappointed me a bit, but I guess I'll make him change opinion" I smirked

"And... Shawn Mendes is gonna have the girls group!" I froze. I was on his team. Oh no. He called all of us near him as he spoke a little bit.

"So, girls, I'm so excited to tutor all of you. You all have amazing voices and I can't wait to work with you. Come on, group hug!" He screamed as he pulled us close.

"Let's get to work"

The cameras were surrounding us everywhere we went, making me uncomfortable, but that was what I signed up for.

"I'm gonna work with Jenna first, then Krissy, Meghan, Katie B and last but not least, Y/N," he said before he walked inside the studio built inside the contestants' house.

Time was passing slowly, it was 9:30 p.m. and I was still waiting for Shawn to work with me.

"Y/N, come on, your turn." Katie B said, walking out of the door. I silently walked past her, making my entrance in the dimly lighted studio. Shawn was sitting on a chair, his curly hair was all over the place, his tired smile made my heart melt.

Working with him was going to be hard. 

Oct 03, 2019