"I love you" - Shawn Mendes

It was meant to be just a one night stand, but we both got too attached. I knew one of his friends, and when they made us meet at a party, we couldn't take our eyes off each other.

It was lust, and we knew it.

That night, we slept together, and in the morning I left his condo with him on my mind. This can't happen, I kept repeating myself. It went on for months, us seeing each other and sleeping together, eventually catching feelings.

Then it happened. He got with Camila. We grew apart, and we started to see each other less than usual.

I was laying on my bed reading a book when he called me saying he wanted to see me again. I put on some clothes and touched up my make-up before leaving my small apartment.

"Hey, come in, " he said softly when I knocked on his door. "It's been a long time"

"Yeah" I nodded my head as I got inside his condo. He bent down and left a kiss on my cheek, making me blush like a high school girl.

The night went great, it was like usual: we would watch a movie while drinking some wine, get a little tipsy and find each other naked under his covers.

"I'm sorry, I've been such a dick towards you recently, " he said as I rested my head on his bare chest.

"Nah, it's okay. I've seen the pictures online. I just don't get why you're still sleeping with me even though you are with Camila" I said softly, caressing his chest.

"I'm not with her, well that's what people on the internet don't know" he claimed.

"Andrew thought that maybe having this whole rumor thing would have been good, both for me and Camila. So they keep telling us to go eat at one specific place, to sit next to each other so the cameras can take perfect shots of us kissing, to act like we're in love, to bring her in between every question at the Q&As. It's just so hard" he sighs.

"She can act all sweet when the cameras are around, and when we leave she can scream at me because I didn't follow what our managers said. We were friends, we didn't have a lot of time to hang out, so I really didn't know the real her. I can't wait until this ends" he said, drawings small circles on my lower back.

"When is it gonna be over?" I asked him.

"Probably in the middle of the Asian leg of the tour, I'll probably have to delete all the pictures we had together on my Instagram and act distant towards her"

"It's just such a shitty situation, " I said, combing his hair with my hand. He rolled on his side, letting his head rest on my shoulder, kissing it softly.

"I just don't want to lie to you" he whispered in between kisses.

"About what?"

"I like you, too much to just be fuck buddies. I want you to be happy with me, I want to make you feel all my love, I want people to see that what is happening with Camila isn't real, that this between us is real" he said slowly, holding my hand.

"Really?" I asked him with a smile.

"Yeah"

I jumped on him, holding him close to me. Some tears of joy left my eyes as I kissed him, the dim light of the lamp on the bedside table mixed with the lights of Toronto coming from his window wall reflected on our faces.

"I love you" I whispered softly, my forehead meeting his.

"I love you too" 

Oct 16, 2019