Delicate - Ransom Drysdale (Prince AU, Fantasy AU)

Summary: Cursed on the day he was born, Prince Ransom is forced to find a wife before taking over the Humans of the Leefiside Kingdom. The arrival of the Royal Fairy Family brings shock, drama, and love inside the castle, forcing Ransom's true colors to reveal. 

You watched the future King from behind the door of the private gym in his castle, his muscled back flexing after every hit he served at the punchbag. Your arms were folded over your chest as you zoned out, focusing on the sweaty skin of Prince Ransom's back.

"He was cursed by a witch at birth," your father's new adviser whispered from your side. The man's gaze was heartless as he stared at Ransom, almost looking at him with disgust. "The Prince has to marry the love of his life before taking over the Kingdom, or the curse will pass on to his children too,"

Your father made a sound of disapproval, playing with the edge of his wing softly before walking away, making you roll your eyes. A muffled thud came from inside the gym, making you snap your neck towards the small window over the door. Ransom stood in front of the broken punchbag, a small amount of sand coating the floor as he gasped for air, unwrapping his knuckles from the cloth covering them.

His eyes found yours, making a blush appear on your cheeks before you could follow your family, your heart beating out of your chest. Ransom walked inside the hallway, watching your colorful wings disappear behind a corner, a smug smile on his lips. He grabbed a towel before making his way towards his rooms, the sweat still lingering on his skin.

He opened the door to his bedroom, jumping in surprise when he saw his mother sitting on his bed. "The fairy King and his family are over," Linda mumbled, going through a magazine quickly.

"I already know," Ransom stated, his tone annoyed as he walked inside the en-suite bathroom, cleaning out the blood from his knuckles. "What do you want?"

"He has a daughter. Just saying," Queen Linda stated, finding the article about Y/N on the paper, ripping off the page, and leaving it on his bed. "You're already the disappointment of the family, I don't want my grandchildren to be like you, Hugh,"

Ransom sighed in annoyance, gripping the counter until his already split knuckles turned white. "You're not forcing me into a marriage," he stated, his jaw clenching. "I might be a cold-hearted asshole, but I deserve a happy ending, too,"

"I don't want the reputation of our family to be ruined just because of you and your stupid curse!" Linda yelled, brushing her pants before reaching for the door handle. "Get yourself together, Ransom, or you're out of this palace,"

The Queen closed the door behind herself, leaving her son alone in his room. An angered scream left his lips, echoing around him in the walls of the bathroom, reminding him of his loneliness. He punched the wall, the pain coming from his knuckles waking up his numb body. He looked down at his bloody hands, a tear falling against the back of one.

He deserved a happy ending.

-----

The only sound that could be heard from the large dining room was the cutlery moving against plates, servants walking around with plates full of food, and the small, awkward talk the Queens and Kings were having. You sat beside your mother, eating your dinner silently as you wondered when you would have been able to leave the table.

"The food is amazing, Queen Linda," your mother commented coldly, a fake smile on her lips as her wings fluttered gently. "And don't make me start on the castle,"

"It's lovely to have you here, your Majesty," Linda said just as insincere, taking a bite of her food. Silence filled the room again as the conversation dropped, a sigh leaving your lips the moment the large doors opened, revealing a tired-looking Prince Ransom.

My Tumblr Ficsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें