Don't Dream It's Over - Harry Holland

Dinner was finally over, and everyone was looking at the bride and groom dancing to Perfect, clichè. But who was Y/N to judge, who begged her best friend to be her date to her own brother's wedding to make her family happy?

Harry was standing by her side, left arm looped around her waist, making her whole body tingle. His curls were styled perfectly, making her want to run a hand through them and give a light tug. She was fucked.

She heard a familiar melody coming from the DJ set, that one song that reminded her of the guy she fell head over heels for, Harry. The song they heard at least a thousand times together, that made her heart go crazy just because it reminded her of him.

Harry was already pulling her to the dance floor by her hand, a huge smile on his lips, and pulled her close to his chest. It was the first time they had ever danced like this, her hands around his neck and his holding her waist gently. Y/N rested her head on his chest, inhaling his scent. He was her home, and she was his.

Hey now, hey now. Don't dream it's over.

They were the only couple on the dance floor, and all the eyes were set on them. Harry's hands moved to her smaller back, tracing light patterns with the pad of his fingers on the soft material of her dress.

"You requested the song," she mumbled, looking up at him.

Hey now, hey now. When the world comes in.

"I did," Harry chuckled softly.

They come, they come. To build a wall between us. We know they won't win.

"It's our song, Darling," he whispered, leaving a kiss on the top of her head. "And we've never danced it properly, so why not doing it now?"

Y/N laughed quietly, looking up at her best friend with that love-filled gaze she reserved only for him. His eyes were fixated on hers, and it felt like they were alone, that there weren't moms looking at them longingly and that she was just living her dream.

The song quickly came to an end, pulling the two away from their own little world. The faint sound of clapping made her hide her face in his chest again, her shyness taking over, earning a small giggle from Harry.

He quickly pulled her away from the dance floor, walking outside the castle the ceremony was taking place in. The sun was setting, making his face lighten up with the orange lights, and she couldn't stop staring at him.

"I loved being here," he whispered, eyes looking at the city, far away from the hill the castle was situated on.

"Really?"

"Of course," he said, turning to face her. "I got to dance with the prettiest girl in the world,"

Y/N's heartbeat quickened, the butterflies in her stomach came back to life when he reached out to pull her closer to his body.

"Y/N, I-" Harry stopped for a second, looking to the side to gather some courage. "I've had feelings for you for a long time, a-and today was just magical,"

"Harry, I-"

"No, Y/N, let me talk," he stopped her, looking at the side again. "All my life I've been trying to tell myself my feelings for you weren't true because I didn't want our friendship to end, but in the past few months everything changed,

"I can't stop myself from having a small heart attack every time you enter a room, or smile whenever you laugh. I can't stop being jealous whenever some guy approaches you because I've been loving you all this time,"

"Harry-"

"A-and if you don't feel the same, then I hope we will keep being friends because I can't lose you, Y/N. You're my home, you're the best part of me, and letting you go would just break me apart, so please just tell me how you-"

He was interrupted by a pair of soft lips against his, his eyes closing immediately and hands instinctively going around her waist. Her heart was thumping against her chest extremely fast, and when she put her hands just over his heart, she found his doing the same.

Her hands went from his cheeks to his hair, tugging lightly at the soft curls, before breaking apart, a small giggle leaving her lips.

"Does this answer your question?"

Mar 30, 2020