Beach Encounter - Tom Holland (Single Dad!Tom)

Word Counter: 1,193 words

The sand was soft against her body, the cold water hitting her feet wave after wave as she laid on her back, a book in her hand. The sky was crowded by dark clouds, and the slightly cold wind threaded in between her dark locks just the way she liked it.

She was alone: no friends, no relatives, no worries; just herself and the waves. She was on a well-needed vacation, staying in her grandma's small house by the shore for a couple of weeks before going back to her flat in London and her job.

Y/N closed the book, laying down on her pink beach-towel to look up at the clouds moving on top of her, silently reminding herself about the storm coming. She heard a few giggles coming from the distance, small feet stomping on the wet sand just in front of her a couple of seconds later.

"Do you wanna be my momma?" A high-pitched voice asked her all of a sudden, the small boy standing in front of her asking her the weirdest question she had ever heard.

"Oh, hey buddy. You're here all alone?" Y/N asked, smiling at the young boy.

"I ran away from my daddy!" He giggled excitedly.

"Then, what's your name, fugitive?" She asked, trying to sound like a pirate while she tickled the boy's tummy, a row of giggles coming out of his mouth.

"Peter! And who are you?" The boy giggled.

"I'm captain Y/N!"

"Peter, come back here! You're gonna get a cold if you don't get dressed!" was heard from the distance.

"Daddy, look! I made a new friend! This is captain Y/N," The boy said to his dad as a tall frame approached the duo. "Captain, please stop tickling me!" Peter kept giggling, trying to run out of the girl's embrace.

"Peter, please put the jumper on," the curly-haired dad begged his son, an apologetic look thrown Y/N's way.

"C'mon, fugitive Peter, be a good boy and put the jumper on for daddy," she whispered as she let the boy go, a small smile on her lips.

"I'm sorry if he bothered you," the man apologized. "He loves to make new friends sometimes,"

"It's alright," she said, standing up to brush her clothes from the sand and reaching out to shake the man's hand. "I'm Y/N,"

"I'm Tom, and this is my son Peter,"

"Like Peter Pan!" She said as she crouched down to ruffle the little boy's hair.

"No, like Spider-man!" Peter giggled, pointing to his dad. "Did you know that my daddy is Spider-man?"

"Peter, not again, please," Tom whined, holding his son's hand in his big one.

"Spider-man?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, I-I am an actor. I played Peter Parker in a couple of films," Tom chuckled, a little bit of embarrassment in his voice. "He loves to tell everyone his daddy is a superhero,"

"Oh, that's amazing!" She said, laughing softly.

They all felt some teardrops fall on their skin, making Tom groan softly.

"Pete, we need to go, there's a storm coming," he said, but the small boy was having none of it: he hugged Y/N's leg, not letting go.

"No," Peter pouted. "I want to stay with Y/N,"

"Pete, she probably has stuff to do," the young dad tried to persuade the toddler, who hugged her leg even tighter.

"No,"

More rain started to pour on the trio, Tom starting to lose his patience.

"Peter Holland, I'm not gonna say this again," the dad started.

"Why don't you just stay at my house until it stops raining? I can make some tea. How does that sound, Pete?" Y/N asked, looking at Tom for approval.

"Daddy, please," the little boy asked with puppy eyes. A sigh made his way out of Tom's mouth before he nodded his head.

"Yay!" Peter yelled happily before hugging his new friend's leg again. "C'mon, captain! Bring us to your ship!"

The kitchen was big enough to contain the three of them while the rain angrily fell on the windows of the small house. Peter was sitting on the counter, small legs swinging in the air as he played with some dinosaurs, while Tom held his little boy's side to not let him fall. Y/N brought the tea to her guests and left some shortbread fingers on the table.

"Shortbread fingers!" Peter screamed excitedly. "I love them!"

"Me too, bud," the young lady giggled, handing him one. "My grandma used to eat them with me all the time,"

"Uncle Sam makes them all the time," the little kid said, sipping some of his tea.

"Oh, really?"

"Yup," Peter nodded vigorously. "He's the best cook in the world and works in this big castle in France,"

"Oh, posh," Y/N giggled.

"Daddy, I don't want it anymore. I wanna go home, I miss Tess" Peter said to his dad.

"Pete, we have to stay here a little bit more, at least until the storm ends," Tom said, kissing his son's forehead.

"But I'm tired," the little boy whined with teary eyes.

"Why don't you lay down on the sofa? I can turn on the tv if you want," Y/N said to him, a reassuring smile on her face. The boy nodded his head, before letting his dad bring him to the couch with his strong arms, the tv turning on not long after that.

Tom came back after a couple of minutes, mug still in his hands, a small smile on his lips.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay, Y/N," he said.

"It's nothing, don't worry. Peter is such a cutie," Y/N giggled, looking at the small boy sound asleep in her living room.

"He usually has trouble making friends his age at kindergarten, so he mostly has adult friends," the dad explained.

"He's such a nice boy, I'm sure he's gonna have lots of friends in the future,"

"Yeah, I hope so," Tom sighed.

A thin layer of comfortable silence grew between them: Y/N was lost in his beautiful eyes, while Tom was wondering if she would go out on a date with her.

C'mon, Tom, she would never want the whole package, just like all the other girls you've tried to date, was all he could think of.

"Oh, look! It stopped raining!" Y/N pointed out sadly as she got out of her trance.

"Yeah, maybe I should go and wake Pete up," the dad sighed, he lost his chance.

In a couple of minutes, Tom was holding a sleepy Peter in his arms, making his way to the door to leave the small house.

"Y/N, I was wondering... I-If you maybe wanted to go on a d-date whenever you're free?" The dad asked, scratching the nape of his neck with his free hand.

"Uhm... S-sure! I-I mean, just if you want to," Y/N replied nervously.

"Yeah! I'll pick you up this Saturday at 6," he said, handing her his phone so she could add her number.

"It's a date!" She giggled before waving at the two boys that just that day entered her life, and she knew she was never going to be alone after that day, never.

Feb 28, 2020