Episode Two: Car (pt.1)

*This is published on December 21, 2019. There will be part two today and the next episode will be next week. If you like this story, please leave a comment and/or vote and thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a blessed day! Enjoy! Btw, the song is always One Foot by Walk the Moon and the End credits song will always be Whispers in the Dark by Skillet.*

McWinkle's fur wasn't covered in gray like it used to be. That seemed to be the norm for when every time he's angry or stressed. But, since things had been calmed down and he's officially retired from the B.A.D.G.U.Y.S force, he had done nothing but sit and relax in his white rocking chair. He noticed Guy, Michellee, Sam, and E.B approaching him.

"McWinkle?" Guy recognized, with a slight smile of relief.

McWinkle curved up a soft grin. "Guy, it's good to see you again."

"You too."

McWinkle shifted his gaze at Sam and lost his smile. "Sam."

Sam nodded his head with a nervous chuckle. "McWinkle."

McWinkle swept his gaze to both of the girls, giving them a grin. "Ladies."

"McWinkle," Michellee acknowledged with a small smile.

"Hi!" E.B waved with a cute smile on her face.

McWinkle tipped his hat to both of the ladies. "Good morning."

"How's retirement?" Guy inquired, causing McWinkle to shift his gaze back to him.

McWinkle laid back against his rocking chair. "It's been relaxing...finally done chasing criminals. Why have you come here? Just to say hi?"

"I thought it would be nice to talk to you for a moment," Guy responded.

McWinkle changed his attention to Sam, who was rubbing his arm nervously. "Sam."

"Yes?" Sam responded right away.

"I wanted to find you and tell you this but you four came to me instead. I need to have a word with Sam...privately."

Okay, where is this going?

Guy raised his brow while darting his gaze back and forth between Sam and McWinkle. "Why?"

"Just a word."

Sam shifted his gaze up at Guy with a small reassuring smile. "It's going to be okay, Guy."

E.B. noticed a soccer ball by the side of the house, her grin widened.

"Mom, can we play soccer?!" E.B. asked excitedly.

Michellee glanced at the soccer ball with a bit of concern. "I don't know, E.B. I'm a bit too old to play soccer."

"I can play with her," Guy volunteered. "If that's okay with--"

McWinkle tipped his hat again to confirm. "That's fine. No one was playing it anyway."

"Yes! Come on, Guy!" E.B. encouraged as she took Guy by the hand and led him to the soccer ball.

"Alright, alright." Guy chuckled at E.B's enthusiasm while he joined her. Michellee stood over by the tree next to the net, watching the game about to commence between Guy and E.B.

Guy noticed a net ahead of them while he smirked at E.B, who's exchanging a smirk back.

Guy rushed off to be the goalie while E.B. rolled the soccer ball with her foot.

"This is a match of the true strength of Elanabeth versus Guuuuuuuyyyyyyyyy--!!"

Guy raised his brow when E.B. carried out his name for too long. "Guuuuyyy--?"