Episode Six: Box(pt. 2)

*Hey guys! The next and final part will come up today and the next episode will come out next weekend.  So, I hope you enjoy this new episode as a whole. This is published on January 18, 2020. Now, if you enjoy this part(s), please give it a vote and/or comment. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a blessed day. Enjoy!*

Meanwhile, Dave was driving like a maniac through the desert. Bullets crashed into his rearview mirrors outside on his truck. Dave hardened his focus on the road while Michellee grabbed onto the bar above her and held E.B. tightly close to her.

"Do you even have seatbelts?!" Michellee shouted with fear while looking around frantically for seatbelts.

"Uh...no," Dave responded plainly. "Am I supposed to have seatbelts?"

The black truck bumped into the rear end of the red truck, thrusting them forward a bit.

"Hang on!" Dave cautioned while swerving out of the desert path.

Michellee whipped her panicked gaze at him. "What do you think we're doing?!"

Dave continued to drive through the vast desert land. It's sudden that he noticed the black truck was right beside the passenger side of them...but there's another one. Dave saw another black truck by his side, driving close to him.

Almost like if it's instinct, Dave slammed on the brake harshly, causing the two black trucks to crash into each other instead of the red truck. The red truck jerked to a stop finally, their eyes widening.

Michellee's heart was beating rapidly through her chest, causing her grip around her daughter and on the bar to tighten.

E.B raised her brow suspiciously. "There are two black vehicles? Wait a minute...I thought there was only one Ghost."

"I don't want to stick around to find out," Dave determined as he turned his vehicle in the opposite direction away from the black trucks. However, the trucks rumbled back towards them, causing Dave to slam his foot on the gas pedal. There's not enough tank to get them out of whatever the situation was. Dave was too focused on the vehicles coming up to him again. Michellee joined in the focus while E.B. focused on the road up ahead. It's sudden that both of the black trucks jerked to a complete stop suddenly.

"Ha! They're too scared to chase us," Dave bragged about his awesome driving skills.

"Dave--!" Michellee screamed loudly.

The vehicle suddenly veered off the cliff without a stop. Both E.B. and Michellee were screaming while Dave pulled a handle from the radio box in his truck and a balloon opened up immediately. Michellee had her eyes closed from falling while the balloon lifted up the red truck immediately and surprisingly. The next thing they knew, they were floating in the air by the wind pushing towards their direction. E.B. realized this and widened her eyes with a surprised grin on her face.

"E.B, are we dead?" Michellee whimpered, still having her eyes closed.

"Mom, we're floating!" E.B. informed excitedly, causing Michellee to reopened her eyes.

"Oh...we're actually floating in the air," Michellee responded while sweeping her gaze around them.

Dave cornered a smile. "I always have a balloon in case we just randomly drove off a cliff."

"Funny, you have a balloon but you don't have seatbelts," Michellee sarcastically implied with her arms crossed and her brow raised.

"I didn't know seatbelts are the law now," Dave muttered defensively under his breath.

It's sudden that there are a couple of gunshots heard from the distance behind them.

"Ha, they missed!" E.B. laughed but they heard a screeching noise.