Episode Five: Dark

*Hey guys. To let you all know that I did make some edits to the previous chapters so you might see slight changes that will make it better for you all to read. So, this is published on January 11, 2020. The next episode will come out next weekend. Thank you all so much for your support and reads. If you like this part or any of the parts, please give it a vote and/or comment. The intro song is always One Foot by Walk the Moon. Have a blessed day! Enjoy!*

Flashback:

Fifteen-year-old Sam followed the mysterious man through the abandoned building out in the country and away from the crowded city, his shoulders tensed throughout the building. He noticed a hooded man watching him closely as he trailed behind the man with red fur into his yellow house behind the abandoned house. The man opened the door for Sam to walk through. Sam entered the house warily, rubbing his arm nervously.

"Let me guess," The man began while turning on the lights in his house. "You ran away from somewhere? Home, I'm guessing?"

"I-I don't have a home," Sam uttered sadly while taking a seat on the yellow couch in the living room. "I never had a home in the first place."

The man didn't seem phased by Sam's words, but it did get him to think. "I see. No mother or father--?"

"No."

"Hmm...so an orphan...? Tell me, boy, were there any people who you considered friends and family?"

"What does it matter to you?" Sam snarled a bit, raising his brow to question why the man was in his business.

The man sternly stared at Sam and sat on the couch across from Sam with the wooden coffee table between them. "I see that look in your eyes when I found you in that alleyway and you followed me here for a reason."

"What were you going to offer me?"

"A job."

"A job?"

"Yes, you're the perfect fit for the job."

"What kind of jobs are we talking about?"

The man curved up a smirk at Sam. "Something that'll make it worthwhile."

The man tossed a tiny purse of brunkels on the coffee table in front of Sam. Sam bulged his eyes out while hearing the clings from brunkels inside of the purse. He picked it up and examined it.

"It can buy you anything you want...even happiness."

Sam sternly gazed up at the man. "Who are you?"

"I want to ask the same about you."

Sam paused while hesitating. "Sam."

"Abbot...Jeckles Abbot."

Sam stared at the small purse full of brunkels for one last time then shifted his focus on the man known as Jeckles Abbot. "When do we start?"

~.~

Unlike Guy, Sam never participated in school or anything. He began participating in robbing banks, making up many aliases so people can easily take in his charm, and earning enough brunkels to just order green eggs and ham. He never hesitated to jump into opportunities that were risky to take while working under the most infamous crime boss in all Florianna, Jeckles Abbot. The thing to know about Jeckles Abbot was that he's cold. His heart was cold and hardened when looking into the eyes of humanity. And--

Sam, now an adult, strolled through the discreet hideout underneath an abandoned building to see his boss.

Oh! This was where Sam was assigned something that changed his life forever.