Episode Eleven: Boat (pt. 1)

*Hey guys! I'm so sorry that this took a long time to finish. I'm back with another episode. After this episode, we are two episodes of being done with this story. Who's excited?! Just me...? Oh, okay. Anyways, the next part will come out today and the next episode will come out next week. Since this is published today on Sunday, the next episode will be next Sunday...just to give me more time to write out the next episode. So, this is published on February 23, 2020. If you like these parts of the episode, please comment and/or vote. I would love to hear what you think. The intro song is called One Foot by Walk the Moon. Enjoy!* 

Michellee sat on the couch in the living room anxiously, tapping her finger on her knee while E.B. peeked through the barred windows. Her daughter gasped and whipped her head at Michellee.

"Mom! They're here!" E.B. shouted and ran for the front door.

Michellee stood up to her feet to follow her daughter while McWinkle followed his gaze at both of the girls. E.B. opened the door quickly to see Louis and Michael carrying injured Goat. They strode through the door, raising concern for the people in the house.

"Oh, dear!" Karen gasped with shock with her hands covering her agape mouth.

McWinkle had his eyes widened. "What happened?!"

"The Ghosts. They attacked us," Louis explained quickly. "We need medical help."

Robert nodded his head rapidly. "Yes, of course, right this way! We have medical kits in case we can't go to the hospital for help. I hope that it's just cuts and bruises."

"Maybe it's more than that...we don't know," Louis spoke urgently. "But, I might have one antidote."

Robert led Louis and Michael through the other living room and provided space for both him and Louis to attend to Goat's wounds.

Gluntz strode into the house after them while Guy slowly followed her from behind. He shut the door gently behind him. Michellee noticed her lover's gaze on the ground. She cupped his cheek and had him look into her eyes.

"Did you lose Sam?" Michellee asked, probably already knowing the answer but she wanted Guy to talk to her about it before making any assumptions.

Guy sighed deeply. "He ran off...to face Jeckles."

"What?!" McWinkle shouted with a serious look on his face.

Guy glanced up at McWinkle with a frown. "He's going to face Jeckles. So that we wouldn't get hurt. I don't know where he's heading."

McWinkle furrowed his brow with a groan. "He's heading to Florianna."

"What?"

McWinkle shifted his gaze back at Guy. "That's where Jeckles hides."

"How do you know this?" Guy asked.

"Sam and Goat told us about Jeckles before we came to rescue you at Cambridge," Gluntz added with a nod.

Dave stepped into the conversation. "Well, that means that we got to get Sam before he gets himself hurt in Florianna."

Jean, with his wife and his child by his side, nodded his head in agreement. "Oui, we can't just let Jeckles capture him."

Everyone stared at the mouse blankly, hearing nothing but squeaks from the mouse.

"I have no idea what the mouse is saying," McWinkle stated plainly.

"Ooh, I know what the mouse is saying!" Gluntz volunteered cheerfully. "The mouse is saying that we can't let Jeckles capture him."

"We got to go after Sam," Karen persisted with concern in her tone.